Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless Connection Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So first off lets start with I am very IT savvy but new to Tesla (a few weeks now).

So with Version 5.8x shouldn't my Tesla drop the 3G and automatically connect to my wireless networks when in range? Both at my office and home I generally have to click on the 3G icon and choose the SSID to connect. Then occasionally I get errors that the password is wrong. The only fix I have found for this issue with the password is a reboot of the MCU then it connects fine and does not give me a password issue. I have different wireless routers at each location so I don't see thats the issue. Any thoughts?

TIA

Yes, it's still a bit "buggy", there is another thread on the wireless connectivity issues as well.
Sometimes when I park the Model S in the garage, and put it in "P", it will connect instantly to the WiFi network, sometimes I have to select it manually, also putting it in "D" it instantly switches back to 3G

For mine to even connect initially, I had to enable DHCP on the wifi router, just allowing the main FIOS router to hand out DHCP and have the local router just be an "access point" didn't work.