Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless front parking camera with monitor for front bumper protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can get these wired, or RF wireless transmitter pairs... Mine is wired but if you buy wireless it means you don't have to run a wire through the firewall .

The front camera kit doesn't require going through the firewall. It routes very cleanly up through/under the frunk trim panels and the weather stripping by the driver's door. On my cars, you can't even see it. Installing the front camera (at least on pre-facelift cars) is much easier than the original instructions may indicate. Getting power from the OBDII port is very simple (no splicing required). Running the camera cables from the front is also pretty easy. The only "complicated" part is running a single wire either to the pax footwell or the rear hatch to tap into the reverse signal lead.

Reactions: Akikiki
The front camera kit doesn't require going through the firewall. It routes very cleanly up through/under the frunk trim panels and the weather stripping by the driver's door. On my cars, you can't even see it. Installing the front camera (at least on pre-facelift cars) is much easier than the original instructions may indicate. Getting power from the OBDII port is very simple (no splicing required). Running the camera cables from the front is also pretty easy. The only "complicated" part is running a single wire either to the pax footwell or the rear hatch to tap into the reverse signal lead.

That's actually how I do it too, wiring in through the passenger door in my case.

I should have said "RF avoids the hassle of having to run a wire from front to cabin" (however / whatever route you decide).