Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless headphone usage questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently bought BeatsPro wireless headphones. I was able to connect to the Tesla via bluetooth just fine and now I'm trying to figure out how to use them. My wife uses hearing aids, and I don't, and we both enjoy listening to the music Tesla includes with the monthly subscription. She, of course, has to listen on the car's speakers but my objective is to listen to the same music, simultaneously on the headphones, for better fidelity. Is this sort of thing possible? I know we can stream music from the iphone and accomplish this but I'd rather just listen to the Tesla offering(s). I can't seem to find anything on Youtube or elsewhere so your input will be much appreciated.

By the way, this question would apply to ear pods as well as Beats earphones I think.

Devices that are paired can send audio to the car. Technically you can get the password for your Slacker/LiveXLive account if you have an S/X (not a 3) and stream the audio to your car AND some headphones. You might need some third party hardware in between. Also whatever the streaming device is will incur mobile data cost. And the car voice commands won't select audio, you'd have to have your device do that.

You said you expect the Tesla to be a bluetooth target. The only way it can be a target is to use a bluetooth transmitter to talk to the car. The car sees my phone fine. My Ford sees the transmitters just fine. Tesla didn't implement the audio connection standard which is different from the phone connection standard.