Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless Pad - Malfunctioning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same problem in my M3. There does seem to a sweet spot and I would say that 90% of the time it doesn’t work. Don’t think it’s my case which works on other charging pads. I’m planning on checking the ports with some other devices but if it is the charging pad I’ll be scheduling my very first mobile service to get it checked out.

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White
Hi guys,

I have a new Model 3 which comes with a built-in wireless charging pad, but it is not working.

Anyone else is having any issues with their wireless charging pad?

I'll be booking a mobile service soon to get this rectified.

Have you verified its actually the pad by taking the phone out of whatever case its likely in, and trying with just "bare phone"? A lot of cases dont work with wireless charging pads because they are too thick.

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White
Have you verified its actually the pad by taking the phone out of whatever case its likely in, and trying with just "bare phone"? A lot of cases dont work with wireless charging pads because they are too thick.

Yes, confirmed that it's the pad. I tried two other phones with and without their cases and none of them could charge.

It could be the wireless pad that isn't working OR it could be the outlet itself (usb-c). Should be an easy fix.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Did you try plugging in a USB C to your phone from that port? does it power? that can help you narrow down to USB hub itself vs the wireless pad itself.

I just tried that, and it did not power.

So we know that at least the USB-C port isn't working. Wireless charging pad could also be not working, but no way for me to verify that.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I tried lifting it off the base, but it's actually stuck. It only tilts up and down, and I'm afraid if I yank it hard then I might break it.

Out of curiosity, do you have a 2020 Model 3 with the charging pad? If so, are you able to lift it and take it out? Would you be able to show it to me? :)
Lift the part that the wireless charger attaches to so it's parallel with the ground, slide the Piano black "lip" to the left, it'll pop off. Unplug the charger and lift it out.

Some people say that plugging a 2 amp 12v USB Charger into the cig lighter and using that to power the Wireless Charger improves it the reliability.

Are either of you by chance on IOS14? If so, the beta is causing issues with wireless charging.

What issues are you seeing? I’m running iOS 14 beta and had been charging with a Nomad charger connected thru a Jeda hub. Something is causing an efuse to trip which makes everything on the right side (windows, mirror and HVAC vents) dead until the efuse resets when the car sleeps. I disconnected everything thinking it was the Nomad charger or Jeda hub.

What issues are you seeing? I’m running iOS 14 beta and had been charging with a Nomad charger connected thru a Jeda hub. Something is causing an efuse to trip which makes everything on the right side (windows, mirror and HVAC vents) dead until the efuse resets when the car sleeps. I disconnected everything thinking it was the Nomad charger or Jeda hub.

Definitely nothing that serious. The wireless charging works for about 5 minutes max and then stops charging.