Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless phone charger for my model S

gcgp

Nov 11, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Just wanted to share with the group. I couldn't find a wireless phone charger for my model S that I liked so I decided to just design my own. It slides onto the lid at lifts up in the middle console. I designed it so that, with no phone being charged, I can still close the lid. I'm not really good at 3d modelling so this is very simple but does what I want it to do. :) Sorry about the messy floor. He he.
IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_1825.JPG
IMG_1824.JPG
IMG_1819.JPG

Reactions: dalec and Vegas

aegidius

Aug 27, 2018
Brisbane
While on the subject of phone charging, does anyone know of a USB-C cable that will drop in place of the iPhone one that comes with the Model S? I've read that Model 3 comes with one, but not having any luck sourcing one that will ship to Oz (and at a reasonable price)

ShockOnT

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
Jun 26, 2016
Sydney

shanelord

Mar 27, 2018
Sydney, Australia
While on the subject of phone charging, does anyone know of a USB-C cable that will drop in place of the iPhone one that comes with the Model S? I've read that Model 3 comes with one, but not having any luck sourcing one that will ship to Oz (and at a reasonable price)

I use this one. Had to trim the USB-C end slightly with a blade to make it fit in the Tesla mount but it works brilliantly.

https://www.amazon.com/Duttek-USB3-...Type+C+Cable&qid=1556231271&s=gateway&sr=8-13

shanelord

Mar 27, 2018
Sydney, Australia
  • Helpful
Reactions: aegidius

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC