Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless phone charger replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry. Forgot to include new car picture. This is after PPF, window tint and blackout emblems.
1656353911017.png

Anyone had success with a clear plastic case for the iPhone 14 Pro Max that will wirelessly charge on the Model Y? Tried this one Mkeke for iPhone 14 Pro Max but unfortunately the extended frame/lip around the camera lenses caused the case to not lie flat against the center console charging pad on the, so as the phone not lying flat and making sufficient contact with the wireless charging pad, the phone will not charge. If I remove the case, the iPhone 14 Pro Max phone charges fine.

Anyone had success with a clear plastic case for the iPhone 14 Pro Max that will wirelessly charge on the Model Y? Tried this one Mkeke for iPhone 14 Pro Max but unfortunately the extended frame/lip around the camera lenses caused the case to not lie flat against the center console charging pad on the, so as the phone not lying flat and making sufficient contact with the wireless charging pad, the phone will not charge. If I remove the case, the iPhone 14 Pro Max phone charges fine.

Yes. I have the clear (soft) case on my 14 Pro Max and it charges just fine.

• Informative
Reactions: tbwnm
I just received the totalleecase case (I ordered the same one as you), but unfortunately my iPhone 14 Pro Max does not charge when placed on the charging pad on my 2021 Tesla Model Y using this case (photo with the case on and off). I like that the case isn't bulky and fits the phone well, but I'll be sending it back ($40 does seems high for a thin piece of transparent TPU). If anyone else has success with a clear plastic case please let me know!
iPhone 14 Charging Case.png

I just received the totalleecase case (I ordered the same one as you), but unfortunately my iPhone 14 Pro Max does not charge when placed on the charging pad on my 2021 Tesla Model Y using this case (photo with the case on and off). I like that the case isn't bulky and fits the phone well, but I'll be sending it back ($40 does seems high for a thin piece of transparent TPU). If anyone else has success with a clear plastic case please let me know!View attachment 856505
That's really odd because mine works every time. I will take pics in a few and post.

I just received the totalleecase case (I ordered the same one as you), but unfortunately my iPhone 14 Pro Max does not charge when placed on the charging pad on my 2021 Tesla Model Y using this case (photo with the case on and off). I like that the case isn't bulky and fits the phone well, but I'll be sending it back ($40 does seems high for a thin piece of transparent TPU). If anyone else has success with a clear plastic case please let me know!View attachment 856505

My car is a '22 built in May so perhaps Tesla improved the charging coils placement because mine works just fine with that same case.

Attachments

• IMG_1456.jpeg
    IMG_1456.jpeg
    364.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1457.jpeg
    IMG_1457.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1459.jpeg
    IMG_1459.jpeg
    469.4 KB · Views: 75
I ordered the Jeda Wireless Pad V4 which is intended for use as both a wireless phone and headphone charger. It features the largest charging area to accommodate all phone sizes and models, fast-charging capabilities, portrait and landscape charging options, a wired charging accessory for cable-charging, MagSafe* magnets and a premium Alcantara finish. Wireless headphones, such as AirPods and Pixel Buds, can wirelessly charge in place which should accomodate my Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max larger footprint with case.

Here is Jeda's customer service reply when asked if this V4 would charge an Iphone with a Spigen Ultra Hybrid (MagFit) [Anti-Yellowing Technology] Designed for iPhone 14 Pro Max Case (2022) - Carbon Fiber.

Thank you for your email and for getting in touch with us. Yes, our V4 Wireless Pad will work with your setup. The USB C port on your model offers faster charging, so we recommend connecting that usb port to the side on which you'd want faster charging on the Jeda Pad. The other side will charge at the standard speed allotted by the USB port.

I ordered the Jeda Wireless Pad V4 which is intended for use as both a wireless phone and headphone charger. It features the largest charging area to accommodate all phone sizes and models, fast-charging capabilities, portrait and landscape charging options, a wired charging accessory for cable-charging, MagSafe* magnets and a premium Alcantara finish. Wireless headphones, such as AirPods and Pixel Buds, can wirelessly charge in place which should accomodate my Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max larger footprint with case.

Here is Jeda's customer service reply when asked if this V4 would charge an Iphone with a Spigen Ultra Hybrid (MagFit) [Anti-Yellowing Technology] Designed for iPhone 14 Pro Max Case (2022) - Carbon Fiber.

Thank you for your email and for getting in touch with us. Yes, our V4 Wireless Pad will work with your setup. The USB C port on your model offers faster charging, so we recommend connecting that usb port to the side on which you'd want faster charging on the Jeda Pad. The other side will charge at the standard speed allotted by the USB port.
Is it possible to install the V4 on a 2021+ Model Y that has the Tesla wireless charging Pad? Searched on YouTube and couldn't find anything. I also have a V3 available that I took off my 2019 Model 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: PH-y
My car is a '22 built in May so perhaps Tesla improved the charging coils placement because mine works just fine with that same case.
Yes, something must have changed to improve the wireless charging Pad on the 2022+ models. When I emailed totalleecase support, they told me I can just keep the case and they gave me a refund less the $5.99 shipping charge as part of their "Awesome Warranty" program which I thought was cool. I''ll keep looking, but so far I haven't found anyone that a clear plastic TPU case that charges an iPhone 14 Pro Max on a 2021 Model Y.

Reactions: theslimshadyist
Is it possible to install the V4 on a 2021+ Model Y that has the Tesla wireless charging Pad? Searched on YouTube and couldn't find anything. I also have a V3 available that I took off my 2019 Model 3.
Jeda Sales Support seems to think it will. I have a Feb 2021 MY and will let you know once it arrives!