Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless Qi charger opinions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No car yet, so I haven't actually done it. Also have some under-extrusion issue that I'm slowly working through. I never realized how much tuning there is. But the instructions call for TPU surface and PETG back bracket.

Yeah if you just got into 3d printing it's a huge learning curve. I think know which design you are using. What qi charger are you getting? Are you going with a pcb or a commercial one and breaking it apart?

I tried but it said my order did not qualify. Back on the fence I go :)

I love my Pitaka magnetic mount in my Jeep (and I have a suction mount on my dresser at home for overnight charging) but I don't see any practical unobtrusive means for using one in the Model 3. The cleanliness of the Nomad (or I suppose the Jeda) approach has a lot of appeal.

The cleanliness of the Nomad (or I suppose the Jeda) approach has a lot of appeal.
problem is I can't reach the phone there... I know I'm not supposed to be using it while driving, but if I have Waze running, then I'll touch it from time to time

I may add Qi pad for guests, but I'm doing the XVIDA off the upper left corner of the LCD (as much as I don't love the look from the outside)

The first batch of Nomad wireless charger for the Model 3 will ship tomorrow (9/10), so, if you are among the first batch recipients please share your comments with us. I ordered mine (Nomad M3 charger) on 9/1 and was told it wont ship until 9/20, so some kind of comments about the product would surely be welcome.

Reactions: UltralightBeam
Oh man, I'm starting to worry about Nomad filling orders now :oops:. They said first orders ship Sept. 10th, now they pushed the date back to the 14th. I'm starting to think they took a page from Elon's playbook and took more pre-orders than they can produce :eek:.
nomad.jpg

I posted this in the other thread on wireless chargers. Here is the email Nomad sent out yesterday:

Hello xxxx,

Your Wireless Charger for Tesla Model 3 is almost ready to be packed and shipped. We originally planned on being able to ship the first orders today, but we have run into a slight delay with receiving our shipment from our factory in China.

The chargers are on their way and close by, but seem to be experiencing delays in customs since they have batteries and they're being imported from China. Not the most ideal situation to be in at the moment, but things are looking awesome otherwise and we don't expect any additional delays.

We expect to have them in by Friday, September 14 and start shipping out the first orders that same day. Orders placed from July 24 - September 10 will be shipped between September 14 - 25 in the order they were placed. All orders placed tomorrow onward will ship out starting October 15.

Thank you for your patience with us and for joining in on one of our most exciting new projects. We couldn't be happier with how the Wireless Charger ultimately turned out and we can't wait for you to get your hands on it. In the meantime, check out this teaser below of the preview unit we’ve got on hand at our HQ.

We would love to hear your feedback once you start charging. Please feel free to send any feedback or questions to me directly, or to our Support Team via [email protected].

- xxxx

Customer Support Manager

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 60