TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wiring for Roadster 2.0 Audio System

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by Aspirant, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Aspirant

Aspirant Member

Here's the audio wiring info for anyone who wants to chuck the crappy JVC stereo that came w/ the Roadster 2.0. I looked all over this website and the rest of the web and couldn't find it, so I mapped it out myself. Install was no different than any other stereo swap I've done.

2 Const. 12V
    3 Illumination
    4 Ign. 12V
    5 Gnd.
    6 RR -
    7 RR+
    8 RF -
    9 RF+
    10 LF-
    11 LF+
    12 LR-
    13 LR+

2. augkuo

augkuo Member

Great - do you know how much current you can draw from the 12V lines?

3. Aspirant

Aspirant Member

There are two fuses that say they are radio-related in the fuse panel rated at 7.5A. Plenty for most stereo/head-unit needs.

4. S-2000 Roadster

Fuses are not the best indication of current capacity. They're often expected to blow when something is really wrong, meaning that you can't necessarily use a constant 7 A just because that wouldn't blow the fuse. A better indicator would be to trace the power back to its source - or just have Tesla Motors give a spec in the manual (note, I haven't checked the manual).

Granted, knowing the fuse limit is better than knowing nothing at all.