Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiring help 2018 Model 3 perf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. First time post here. I am trying to install a radar detector in a 2018 Model 3 performance. Sounds easy enough, but it seems that I cant find any pictures or videos that match my car. I'm not used to working on a car that I don't have manuals and a schematic for, not to mention nearly impossible to find components. All I want is some place to get 12vdc, switched or unswitched, doesnt matter. I have no problem manually turning it on or off. I have the detector installed and wires run down the A pillar... some help as to where to connect from here would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Circuit diagrams are available from Tesla at Tesla Service. The subscription cost has recently been lowered to $0.00.

Thanks, I was going to post that information as well, but thanks for hunting down the link.

Also, OP, there are a lot of threads here on radar detectors in the model 3 subforum. You can search for "radar detector" and see if any of the ones match up to what you are looking for. I dont have one and am not interested in doing it myself, so cant answer your question myself.

I did hunt down one of the threads on it that might be relevant, though:

If that one does not work, there are others.

Good luck, and welcome to TMC.

Upvote 0