Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiring issue with car electrical?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s not a blown fuse.

My guess a bad wiring harness to the door is shorting and causing some sort of “brown out” in car.

It could a bad door motor or position sensor. It might think the door is closed.

What happens if you manually position the door if different spots. Does it do that. Or only when motor drives it?

Does it behave different when sitting in the car?

If it only does it standing outside I bet it’s a bad position or closed sensor.

That’s not a blown fuse.

My guess a bad wiring harness to the door is shorting and causing some sort of “brown out” in car.

It could a bad door motor or position sensor. It might think the door is closed.

What happens if you manually position the door if different spots. Does it do that. Or only when motor drives it?

Does it behave different when sitting in the car?

If it only does it standing outside I bet it’s a bad position or closed sensor.
hello so what do you suggest I do? that is me moving the car door fully open is when it starts cutting out

I had issues with my car's wiring harness to the door. I removed the harness and repaired it (several wires were broken). This took a lot of time and effort in tracking down the wires at fault and then repairing them. If you want to skip the headache you can buy the entire harness from tesla for around 200 dollars and replace it.

I had issues with my car's wiring harness to the door. I removed the harness and repaired it (several wires were broken). This took a lot of time and effort in tracking down the wires at fault and then repairing them. If you want to skip the headache you can buy the entire harness from tesla for around 200 dollars and replace it.
The car is not doing it anymore would you get it checked out or?

What the OP video shows is that the car thinks the door is closed, hence it's shutting off the screens. The screens are not rebooting as they would if there was a short, brownout, or blown fuse. The wiring to the door sensor, or the "door closed" sensor itself are your most likely suspects here.