Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiring the Final Payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone wired the final payment amount to Tesla? How long did it take to post on your Tesla app? Tesla is stating they haven't received it yet but the wire was sent on Tuesday. Is there some sort of manual process that happens on the back end that they need to push through? I provided them the fedwire number but the rep stated they need to email that to their processing team. They never seem to follow up!

Has anyone wired the final payment amount to Tesla? How long did it take to post on your Tesla app? Tesla is stating they haven't received it yet but the wire was sent on Tuesday. Is there some sort of manual process that happens on the back end that they need to push through? I provided them the fedwire number but the rep stated they need to email that to their processing team. They never seem to follow up!

Given how "unrecoverable" / "unreversable" wire transactions are, I absolutely refused to do that. I took a bank check from my credit union for my financed part, and a cashiers check for my down payment (which was larger than the amount I financed).

Picked up our M3LR last February. As I recall, through the tesla app, the money transfer happened very fast. What caught me off guard was that the $ were transferred to Tesla in full 2 days before we saw or picked up the car. Fortunately there were no problems. No compromise occurred as far as banking info is concerned.

just wanted to update, I didn’t use the app to pay the final payment. I wired the final payment through Plastic. It was delivered on Tuesday but the Tesla app didn’t update that that the payment was made until Friday. FYI the Tesla reps don’t know anything about where your wire transfer is. We had like 5 reps promise to call us back after they received an update from the accounts receivables but no one ever did. Their CS kinda sucks.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
I used their PLAID service. Will remove access as soon as they take payment & change my password. It was super easy to do that. Though, I have not taken delivery yet so I'm not sure how that will turn out. My app says I'm in the clear to take delivery though.

Reactions: Prairie
My story is fantastic and a bit unbelievable:
On July 27 I wired money via Plaid to Tesla for my home delivery set for 7/29. Instantly my Tesla account said I owed no money and the car was ready to be delivered.
On the morning of delivery Tesla still hadn't taken the money out of my bank account. I assumed trouble was on the horizon for my delivery.
The car showed up and there were no issues. Hmmmm....ok.
On Aug 1 the money STILL hadn't come out of my account, yet my Tesla account said I paid in full.
Finally on Thursday August 4th a Tesla rep called to say that my bank rejected the attempt and that I could try again or pay via check(they wouldn't accept a check for delivery). She explained that this happens all of the time for deliveries. Many banks view these big money attempts as suspicious.
I chose the check option.
On this past Monday(8/15) she emailed me to say they hadn't received the check yet. I figured out that my secretary at work hadn't actually mailed the check yet! She sent it out 2 days ago.
I'm sitting here 3 weeks to the day since I took delivery and I have yet to pay a dime for the car. I assume the check will clear soon LOL!

• Funny
Reactions: enemji
My story is fantastic and a bit unbelievable:
On July 27 I wired money via Plaid to Tesla for my home delivery set for 7/29. Instantly my Tesla account said I owed no money and the car was ready to be delivered.
On the morning of delivery Tesla still hadn't taken the money out of my bank account. I assumed trouble was on the horizon for my delivery.
The car showed up and there were no issues. Hmmmm....ok.
On Aug 1 the money STILL hadn't come out of my account, yet my Tesla account said I paid in full.
Finally on Thursday August 4th a Tesla rep called to say that my bank rejected the attempt and that I could try again or pay via check(they wouldn't accept a check for delivery). She explained that this happens all of the time for deliveries. Many banks view these big money attempts as suspicious.
I chose the check option.
On this past Monday(8/15) she emailed me to say they hadn't received the check yet. I figured out that my secretary at work hadn't actually mailed the check yet! She sent it out 2 days ago.
I'm sitting here 3 weeks to the day since I took delivery and I have yet to pay a dime for the car. I assume the check will clear soon LOL!
Wow so Plaid payment is seen as instant by Tesla so you can just do it once you see the car.

Reactions: enemji
Presuming it will always work that way because it happened one time is silly.

I paid $10 for a cashier's check from Chase. Simple and drama free.
I did have to wire money from my Schwab brokerage to my local Chase account, but wires are same day affairs.
The Tesla bill collector said this happens quite frequently. She wasn't concerned at all but I still can't believe it lol.

Paying for this car….I’m in a state that doesn’t allow Tesla sales. Next door is a state that doesn’t accept sales but has a service center that just got approved to deliver Tesla but they have to be fully paid for before entering the state. The car officially is dropped off in a third state where I am to send payment, I think. The second state SC says that I can spend as much time as I want inspecting this fully paid for $$$$ car since it’s first drive is over 100 miles away from the SC. 1. payment by wire transfer, it this OK? Or better to send FedEx cashiers check to state #3 for payment ? I have not bought a car for 16 yrs and this Tesla business is confusing.