Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Richfield / Slinger (or there abouts) needs a Supercharger

I live in Oshkosh and frequently head down to the Milwaukee area for a few hours and back where I do not have the ability to destination charge. Right now, I charge my 85D to 100% and can make it back without issue but I'm very much concerned about the options once the weather starts to get colder. I've stopped a couple times at Marshall Auto Body in Waukesha (thanks guys!) but it's a bit out of the way and I don't have a CHAdeMO adapter so the HPWC (even with dual chargers) is not really a great solution without killing a couple of hours.

For those that live north of me along 41 (Neenah, Appleton, De Pere, Green Bay), there's little chance they can make it to Milwaukee and back. A charger somewhere around Richfield off 41 would be SUPER beneficial for this crowd. It'd fill the need for us the same as Pleasant Prarie does for the folks who do the round trip commute from Milwaukee to Chicago (and vice versa).

Just my two cents. :cool:

And what appears somewhere around Coloma on I39... but who knows. The Sheboygan one is definitely running behind and I've heard rumors that the GB one might slip to 2016.

Does anyone have an update on the Sheboygan SC? I am volunteering at the PGA Championship in August and I might be just short of range to make it back to Pleasant Prairie with my 60. The whole area around there has pretty sparse charging options. Their local Nissan dealer has a charger but will not hook it up until someone buys their one, lonely, Leaf. Pretty sad.

Does anyone have an update on the Sheboygan SC? I am volunteering at the PGA Championship in August and I might be just short of range to make it back to Pleasant Prairie with my 60. The whole area around there has pretty sparse charging options. Their local Nissan dealer has a charger but will not hook it up until someone buys their one, lonely, Leaf. Pretty sad.

You might consider trying to use one of the CHAdeMO chargers around Milwaukee. Plugshare shows five of them. The folks at Marshall Auto Body are big EV supporters and may have a CHAdeMO adapter you can borrow if you don't own one; even if they don't, they also have a Tesla HPWC that will put out 80 amps (useful if you have dual chargers). In the comments for the CHAdeMO at UW-Milwaukee, there's mention of a CHAdeMO adaptor for rent for $20/hr for up to six hours.

You might consider trying to use one of the CHAdeMO chargers around Milwaukee. Plugshare shows five of them. The folks at Marshall Auto Body are big EV supporters and may have a CHAdeMO adapter you can borrow if you don't own one; even if they don't, they also have a Tesla HPWC that will put out 80 amps (useful if you have dual chargers). In the comments for the CHAdeMO at UW-Milwaukee, there's mention of a CHAdeMO adaptor for rent for $20/hr for up to six hours.

Good stuff about the CHAdeMO rental, glenhurt! I'll look into that.

My statement still stands about the Supercharger... Though I realize it won't be happening anytime soon. :wink:

I live in Oshkosh and frequently head down to the Milwaukee area for a few hours and back where I do not have the ability to destination charge. Right now, I charge my 85D to 100% and can make it back without issue but I'm very much concerned about the options once the weather starts to get colder. I've stopped a couple times at Marshall Auto Body in Waukesha (thanks guys!) but it's a bit out of the way and I don't have a CHAdeMO adapter so the HPWC (even with dual chargers) is not really a great solution without killing a couple of hours.

For those that live north of me along 41 (Neenah, Appleton, De Pere, Green Bay), there's little chance they can make it to Milwaukee and back. A charger somewhere around Richfield off 41 would be SUPER beneficial for this crowd. It'd fill the need for us the same as Pleasant Prarie does for the folks who do the round trip commute from Milwaukee to Chicago (and vice versa).

You're welcome to stop by and use my HPWC and grab a beer or food at the pub right by my house if you'd like.. just PM.

As for Oshkosh to MKE in the cold, I've done it, just not in snow. I think the coldest I made the trek was around 15* out and did just fine.

If you stop during business hours, you can use our CHAdeMo adaptor. Our fast DC charger takes me from 15 miles to 90% in 1:20. It averages about 125 to 155mph charge rate.

Getting my 70D delivered in August. I'm an hour north of Wausau and do all my shopping down there. I've been keeping an eye open in Wausau for hints of construction. If I spot anything I'll post. My guess is it will go on Rib Mountain Dr near Kohls/Barnes & Noble. Anybody heard rumors of location yet?

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

I'm at the Madison SC. There are only 3 spots now. Last year I think there were 5 or 6? There are 3 SC cabinets, which means all 3 spots are dedicated/not shared. What happened?
0ac0b3f0b8b5f5125c0a0e409389cced.jpg
f152d7f6d4366cf71057d65f1c255a96.jpg

It's nice they're not shared. I had poor timing at highland park earlier today. Was at 12 rated miles when I plugged in, but the paired car must have plugged in within a few minutes of my arrival because I was getting ~40kW to start and a very slow ramp up.

I'm at the Madison SC. There are only 3 spots now. Last year I think there were 5 or 6? There are 3 SC cabinets, which means all 3 spots are dedicated/not shared. What happened?
Originally, 6 stalls planned, with room to add 2 more to make it 8 (As you can see by the empty space where another cabinet could be placed). Mall owner (Simon Malls) decided parking by the food court here was at a premium, so they restricted Tesla to 3 spaces. Which is Ironic, because then, the mall went ahead and /////// out the remaining 3 spaces so no one can park in those spaces anyways... Makes no sense. And to go one step further, mall allowed one of those HUGE clothing donation boxes to be placed in yet ANOTHER empty space, thus removing 4 spaces from service...... The donation box has since been removed, however, those other spaces are still ///// out. Sorry, the video got corrupted, but you can at least see a bit and hear the audio from a rant I did last summer.

Last edited by a moderator: