Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

I'm still waiting for one near Hayward, WI. A two-stall would be great. I'll even take a chademo charger. It's an EV wasteland up there. I end up charging at a KOA overnight which is really not convenient.

I'm still waiting for one near Hayward, WI. A two-stall would be great. I'll even take a chademo charger. It's an EV wasteland up there. I end up charging at a KOA overnight which is really not convenient.
You should talk to that campground about putting in a HPWC, even if one must pay for access. Tell them, they'd be able to charge the same thing as a night stay, but the driver would arrive, charge and be gone without wasting a overnight space. Of course if it were a 80 amp station.

How about Milwaukee?!?!?!

I had a night a few weeks ago I couldn't use the tesla because of the amount I drove that day.
Marshall Auto body 50kWh station, very reliable, and I donated a CHAdeMO adapter for them to keep on hand for drivers. ABB has a 50kW station, though un-reliable. GMAR has a 50kW, very un-reliable, it's a Nissan Slim that overheats after 15 minutes. UWM has 2, though they are only 20kW each.

Looks like Wausau and Green Bay have been dropped from the 2015 map. :( Was really hoping to get something for the Minneapolis to Appleton drive by the end of this year.

I too am disappointed that we are still not getting any northern Wisconsin superchargers yet. They have been promising to have them in 2014... If you have been watching a long time like me. Keeps getting delayed year after year.

Oddly, looking at the supercharger 2015 map right now, they still have them. But, there is a snowball's chance it is happening in 2015. One can hope it will finally come to fruition in 2016.

When I look at all the new sites listed on the 2016 map, there are so many new ones these maps are just so unrealistic. I bugs me that Tesla is so ridiculously over promising. Some people buying a car today and not used to Tesla's overpromising are going to be setup to be really disappointed. I look at that 2016 map and think by 2018.... maybe. It seems Tesla's rate of new superchargers has leveled off or even fallen this year.

Looks like Wausau and Green Bay have been dropped from the 2015 map. :( Was really hoping to get something for the Minneapolis to Appleton drive by the end of this year.

I'm looking at the map right now, and I still see Wausau and Green Bay on the 2015 map. I even refreshed the page. (?)

- - - Updated - - -

I too am disappointed that we are still not getting any northern Wisconsin superchargers yet. They have been promising to have them in 2014... If you have been watching a long time like me. Keeps getting delayed year after year.

Oddly, looking at the supercharger 2015 map right now, they still have them. But, there is a snowball's chance it is happening in 2015. One can hope it will finally come to fruition in 2016.

When I look at all the new sites listed on the 2016 map, there are so many new ones these maps are just so unrealistic. I bugs me that Tesla is so ridiculously over promising. Some people buying a car today and not used to Tesla's overpromising are going to be setup to be really disappointed. I look at that 2016 map and think by 2018.... maybe. It seems Tesla's rate of new superchargers has leveled off or even fallen this year.

Actually, elsewhere on the forums it was just pointed out that Tesla recently passed last year's number of SC installations and there's still a month and a half left in the year. So, no, they're not slowing down, they're accelerating. Granted, when one is waiting for chargers in a specific area, it can seem slow. But that doesn't mean that's actually the case.

Actually, elsewhere on the forums it was just pointed out that Tesla recently passed last year's number of SC installations and there's still a month and a half left in the year. So, no, they're not slowing down, they're accelerating. Granted, when one is waiting for chargers in a specific area, it can seem slow. But that doesn't mean that's actually the case.

Well, looking at someone else's counting... there were 102 superchargers built in 2014 in North America. As of 11-28-15 there are 101 superchargers built in North America for 2015. Granted there is still another month to get more done, but really that's a pretty flat build rate. Considering they are building a lot more cars in 2015 than 2014, I was hoping the supercharger build-out ramp would match the production ramp of the cars. World-wide, sure they are building a lot of superchargers. It appears they are focusing on European and Asian markets, not so much North America.

When looking from the perspective of what anyone else is doing for charging (including 3rd parties and other mfgs) Tesla is SUPER AWSOME!

When looking from the perspective of what Tesla says they wanted to do in 2015 in NA, they did relatively poorly based on their maps they published in the beginning of the year.

Oh well I will stop complaining.

Well, looking at someone else's counting... there were 102 superchargers built in 2014 in North America. As of 11-28-15 there are 101 superchargers built in North America for 2015. Granted there is still another month to get more done, but really that's a pretty flat build rate. Considering they are building a lot more cars in 2015 than 2014, I was hoping the supercharger build-out ramp would match the production ramp of the cars. World-wide, sure they are building a lot of superchargers. It appears they are focusing on European and Asian markets, not so much North America.

When looking from the perspective of what anyone else is doing for charging (including 3rd parties and other mfgs) Tesla is SUPER AWSOME!

When looking from the perspective of what Tesla says they wanted to do in 2015 in NA, they did relatively poorly based on their maps they published in the beginning of the year.

Oh well I will stop complaining.
While locations are not being added at a faster pace, at the same time, they are also upgrading many of the existing locations adding more stalls. Some locations I visited this summer during my west coast road trip, were in the process of doubling of stalls. Some locations I visited were being upgraded to 20+ stalls @_@

While locations are not being added at a faster pace, at the same time, they are also upgrading many of the existing locations adding more stalls. Some locations I visited this summer during my west coast road trip, were in the process of doubling of stalls. Some locations I visited were being upgraded to 20+ stalls @_@

That's good news. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Talked to them about Wausau and they said it is delayed, again, until Q2.

That's not so good news. That's my #1 most wanted future supercharger. #2 being quad-cites area. #3 Green Bay...