Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this the official opening or will there be a ribbon cutting?

No, not official opening. Today, we just tested each charger. They did thermal tests, and more. Same guys were their that I met in Madison as well. The Official opening is when Tesla does a email blast to the region announcing the opening, at that time, the station will show on your in car map as well. At this time, the station should be considered "closed" until that official email is sent out. It "MAY" or "MAY NOT" be turned on until then. It may also not be turned up to full capacity. Today we tested it at 20kW for the most part. They checked every connection on every kiosk. I believe it still needs to get inspected by the city inspector and approved first.
Their will NOT BE ANY RIBBON CUTTINGS IN WISCONSIN!
Instead, we will have a, sort of privilege, of having a SINGLE GRAND OPENING TO COVER ALL THE SC IN WI IN ONE SHOT! Most likely due to the nasty cold we have here. The Time, and Place of this Grand Opening Party, has not been established as of yet. I am keeping in contact with everyone I met today, including the gentleman that is the Project Manager for all the WI Superchargers, as soon as I hear something, I will let everyone know.

Montgom, I will be seeing you tomorrow, if your going to be here (Dells) around noon, want to eat at Pizza Pub? Good Pizza Buffet :) Or anyone else here thats passing through?

Last edited:
No, not official opening. Today, we just tested each charger. They did thermal tests, and more. Same guys were their that I met in Madison as well. The Official opening is when Tesla does a email blast to the region announcing the opening, at that time, the station will show on your in car map as well. At this time, the station should be considered "closed" until that official email is sent out. It "MAY" or "MAY NOT" be turned on until then. It may also not be turned up to full capacity. Today we tested it at 20kW for the most part. They checked every connection on every kiosk. I believe it still needs to get inspected by the city inspector and approved first.
Their will NOT BE ANY RIBBON CUTTINGS IN WISCONSIN!
Instead, we will have a, sort of privilege, of having a SINGLE GRAND OPENING TO COVER ALL THE SC IN WI IN ONE SHOT! Most likely due to the nasty cold we have here. The Time, and Place of this Grand Opening Party, has not been established as of yet. I am keeping in contact with everyone I met today, including the gentleman that is the Project Manager for all the WI Superchargers, as soon as I hear something, I will let everyone know.

Montgom, I will be seeing you tomorrow, if your going to be here (Dells) around noon, want to eat at Pizza Pub? Good Pizza Buffet :) Or anyone else here thats passing through?

I really appreciate all of the sleuthing you have been doing for the Wisconsin superchargers. I have been keeping tabs on your posts and your KmanAuto youtube uploads, great work! Can't wait till the Mauston supercharger gets fully operational. Should help a lot with the trips to Rhinelander. Of course Madison would be nice too. Now, if we could just get Tesla to commit to that Wausau supercharger....

Did they ramp it up past 20kWh?

They should have after I left. My car was too full to go at a higher rate. I left with about a 97% charge. What a difference a warm battery pack makes. I will stop by after lunch to see if it's still turned on or if their working, and report a higher speed. I intentionally did not plug my car in last night in 0* temps to run my battery down a bit with pack heating, so I should be able to do a much better test today if it is turned on. If not, I gave myself a buffer to be able to make it back to the Dells and a nice happy 14-50 outlet :)

Just once again, I will re-iterate. DON'T GO THEIR EXPECTING TO CHARGE UNTIL THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!! It's a crap shoot if the stations will be ON OR NOT until then. They may one day, may not the next! All I can say is this is a team of really awesome guys getting these stations done, they are tired and overworked, and are doing their absolute best to get the WI stations done by the end of the year!

About what time after lunch will you be at the supercharger because I could drive down to mauston at around 1pm

Eating at Pizza Pub in the Dells at approx Noon. Then Driving to Mauston to check things out again. Please, again remember, the SC MAY NOT BE TURNED ON TODAY! I cannot stress this enough, as I don't need anyone getting stuck!

Call me, 414-852-7526 if you need directions etc... Not sure what time I will be at the SC after that. Montgom is meeting us at Pizza Pub, might have a few more, so chatting might make things take longer....

Eric, how'd you know I was a Mason?

What happens at TO Club, stays at TO Club.

Wait, actually it's almost the opposite isn't it?
We take pictures and share just about everything. Pictures of electrical service being dug up. Videos of unopened crates. Discussions of dashboard readouts. etc, etc.
Think you'll make it for lunch Eric? I tried calling your shop (dont have your cell) but no answer.

MadisonSupercharger.JPG

Two guys working in a hole in the ground under the tent at the Madison Supercharger location today. They say it is warm under there but hard to believe!

View attachment 37413
Two guys working in a hole in the ground under the tent at the Madison Supercharger location today. They say it is warm under there but hard to believe!
Yah, they are the two doing most of the work at the SC locations. Good guys!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Islandbay or any of you, next time you run into the crews or tesla techs could you ask them if they know where the Chicago sc is going?
They as of last week don't know. I'l talk to one of the other guys in charge of WI SC Rollout.