Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wausau Supercharger
tmp_29548-20161124_091718865688801.jpg

Have the chargers in Aurora been replaced with the more conventional ones? I've skipped Aurora the past few times I drove through the area, so I haven't seen it for a while.

Yes, early in October a new SpC went online in North Aurora, IL just a few miles from the original one. They left both of them live for a little while but only showed the new one on the in-car map. The new one is very similar to the current standard midwest SpC configuration (8 backup style stalls in grocery store parking lot).

I agree Wausau is a good location, makes a lot more of WI accessible.

Looks like Tesla updated their future supercharger map for 2017. Green Bay is still on there (coming soon for the 2nd year in a row), but the dot for a charger between Madison and Wausau on I39 is gone and there are no new dots. What supercharger locations do you think are still needed to round out Wisconsin? My list is below in priority order:

Green Bay - needed for Door County travel and up north travel on east side of the state
Oshkosh - needed for Milwaukee to Wausau travel without needing to go through Madison or Green Bay
I39 middle - Previously mentioned deleted dot. Pretty big gap between Madison and Wausau
Milwaukee (zoo interchange area?) - Not truly needed, but would be a good bonus charger and gap filler

Does anyone have any business owner contacts in these areas? The supercharger location suggestion form on Tesla's site implies that having a business owner interested helps the chances.

The much longed for Green Bay Supercharger appears to have a home and considerable push from the village of Howard. A couple friends of mine were involved in a photo shoot and news story aired yesterday. As is happening in other parts of the country communities are recognizing the value of having a Supercharger located there.

Tesla Supercharger station planned at Meijer

Some parts of the story may not be totally accurate but we can work on that.

Reactions: emupilot
IMG_4948.JPG
IMG_4953.JPG

Apparent evidence of the new SC in Green Bay. By Meijer Superstore at junction of I-41 and WI-26. Is at typical location along the access road but very convenient to the store entrance and near the east wall of store (left side facing front of store). 8 Parking places to right of high voltage cabinet and the word is it will be an 8 stall Supercharger. Store open 24/7 everyday except Christmas. Also there is a nice Kwik Trip with good selection of food and restrooms, etc. a short walk from the store.
IMG_4953.JPG
IMG_4948.JPG