Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, help me understand things: Are there actually two supercharger locations less than a mile apart in Wausau?

Currently yes. The current location was built just as a matter of convenience. Easy install (3PH commercial power already running to the surrounding buildings), easy out once the new one is active. The new one is MUCH better suited for easy hwy on and off to both I-39 and US-29. Would love to see the current pallet one make it's way north to allow for easy travel into the UP.

I get the thought of putting on in Da U.P. but where? Iron Mountain barely counts and lets you catch GB to Marquette or Houghton traffic BUT is so far south it wont leave you a lot of capacity to enjoy the scenery once up there, and once driving on snowpack probably not enough to get back to the charger.

I would love it see it too but there are just so many other places that should be served before a landmass the size of Da U.P with so few folks and no destination on the other side.

and in the case of Houghton wouldn't leave you charge to go see Copper Harbor which if you are going to be a tourist up there is worth the drive

Last edited:
New Madison Supercharger (8 charging stations) planned at Hy-Vee on East Washington Avenue.

https://www.cityofmadison.com/dpced/planning/documents/3801ewa_site.pdf

Looking NNW toward the East Washington entrance of the Hy-Vee parking lot (Erik's Bikes is the red & white building on the left).

Capture.JPG

Last edited: