Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any background or inside knowledge on Pleasant Prairie? I'm wondering when it'll actually be done. I think they broke ground before Madison or Onalaska.

I live about 5min form the pleasant prairie SC and form what islandbay says it is a different contractor installing the pleasant prairie ones. But yes they did start right around the same time as Madison and Onalaska or right after.

I wonder if Tesla diverted resources to the SpC stations that are on the "Elon Route" to get it done. It seems that Eau Claire and Pleasant Prairie were put on hold for a while because they are not in the West-to-East corridor.

Depends on which way your traveling. Between Madison and Highland park you can go through Rockford or Pleasant Prairie and the Pleasant Prairie route is the more direct, but only by about 14 miles overall.

They were burying conduit this morning at Pleasant Prairie. The spools of wire are also new there, hopefully they're running wire in the next day or two to the charger kiosks.

9qMjOOj.jpg

kEWNbGw.jpg

Any updates?

In fact I did get an update this morning. I stopped on my way to work.

They are turning on the Pleasant Prairie supercharger tonight for testing. The electrician I talked to said if it all goes well it will be available tonight for charing. I'm heading to Mexico very early in the morning tomorrow for a week so I'm going to miss the initial turn up. :( I really wanted to try to be the first car to charge on it.. oh well.

For the nerds, they brought in 480v 3-phase, 1600amp service for the supercharger. Holy crap that's a lot of power. I got a pic of the inside of the supercharger stall.. pretty basic and a shot of the wiring they used. Unfortunately I missed the gauge of wire in the pic. Here are the updated pics from this morning.

APvPHrW.jpg

mabHzde.jpg

tti89eH.jpg

GA1zojn.jpg