Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Pleasant prairie is online! Not the first to charge though. Someone was already here when I rolled up.

Last edited:
Is anyone else baffled by this location? Only 30 miles from Highland Park?
I wonder if the HP SC wasn't a last minute add on or something. Since I'm not aware of any other SC at a service center anywhere else in the country and Since I don't remember seeing HP on any of the early Tesla maps for SC locations. I'll have to ask them next time I'm in.

And since we are working in pure speculation territory. Where do we think the next SC in WI will be located? My guess is green bay area. But when is probably a better question as I'm guessing they will take a bit of a breather now that they have pushed through the cross country route.

Last edited:
Not at all. Running out of juice is never a good thing. If you are driving up 94 and don't want a side trip to HP, then it all makes sense.
Highland Park is hardly a side trip ... 5 minutes to get to the location. Most SC's, by your definition, are side trips.
Adding one in half way between Milwaukee and Green Bay we much more sense at this stage in the game ... and besides the Door County visitors bureau is adding charging (probably HPWC) in the Spring.

I wonder if the HP SC wasn't a last minute add on or something. Since I'm not aware of any other SC at a service center anywhere else in the country and Since I don't remember seeing HP on any of the early Tesla maps for SC locations. I'll have to ask them next time I'm in.

I agree; it seems that Tesla is adding Superchargers to Service Centers and Showrooms where it can. The South Denver Showroom is getting a pair of mobile Superchargers, Colorado SuperCharger Buildout - Page 2, and the Bethesda Showroom already has one, Supercharger - Bethesda, MD - Page 3.

With mobile Supercharger delivered on a pallet, and a 350A, 208V, 3-Phase connection, you too can have a 90kW, 2-Stall Supercharger near you; have 200A, 480V service, you can get 120kW! :wink:

And since we are working in pure speculation territory. Where do we think the next SC in WI will be located? My guess is green bay area. But when is probably a better question as I'm guessing they will take a bit of a breather now that they have pushed through the cross country route.

There are also Superchargers at the Syosset, NY Service Center that opened about a month ago IIRC. It will be interesting to see how many service centers and stores end up getting Superchargers. Syosset, Highland Park, and Bethesda were not on any of the supercharger maps before they opened.

No additional rent to pay if you collocate superchargers at SCs. Brings the marginal cost way down.

Excellent point.

- - - Updated - - -

Highland Park is hardly a side trip ... 5 minutes to get to the location. Most SC's, by your definition, are side trips.
Adding one in half way between Milwaukee and Green Bay we much more sense at this stage in the game ... and besides the Door County visitors bureau is adding charging (probably HPWC) in the Spring.

I agree. Not a big deal. But for a person who does "know" the area, it is a pain. Getting to the HP SC is a nut roll for anyone who does not know the area.

There are also Superchargers at the Syosset, NY Service Center that opened about a month ago IIRC. It will be interesting to see how many service centers and stores end up getting Superchargers. Syosset, Highland Park, and Bethesda were not on any of the supercharger maps before they opened.
Cool! Though from what your saying it does seem like a relatively recent development. It's a nice addition to the network and if they can do it easily as the open up new service centers it will be a great way for Tesla to expand the SC network beyond the pure between-destination plan that was originally presented. I wouldn't say no to more SCers in metro areas, Minneapolis/St. Paul comes immediately to mind.

Thanks for the new video Chris. That is complete BS about the noodles and company employes. If I were a betting man I bet one of the cars was the managers. I won't be using this SC vary often but when I plain my trip to the Mall Of America this summer I will defiantly be using this one and I hope its not like this. I take delivery of my car the end of March and live about 5 miles from the Pleasant Prairie SC and do not plan on using that one vary often but it will kinda feel like having the HPWC in my garage. If I ever needed to go on a supprise trip somewhere and didn't have enough charge this would be my go to SC. I drove past the SC in Pleasant Prairie on sat and there were no cars parked there at all. Witch is a good thing so fare but I know for sure that will not be the case when Christmas shopping starts up again.

Is anyone else baffled by this location? Only 30 miles from Highland Park?

not a bit baffled..

I can now use my P85 to get to work every day. (Mke to Chi) I've had to stop using my car when it is below 35* because I can't make the round trip with the heat set to anything that is comfortable.

and highland park is a pain in the ass to get to when you're trying to commute.. adds 20-30 minutes by itself not counting charge time.

Darn, there are hundreds of spots to the N and C employees to park, but they use the SC???

Hi, yes, that's Livewire parked next to N & C employee vehicles. I had a discussion with the shift manager and it's nothing more than a sense of entitlement by the workers. Those spots were *their* spots and now they have to park further away, over by the pesky dumpsters. I plan on reaching out to Tesla to handle this with the property management company, but if you're headed there, call ahead to Noodles & Company @ (715) 858-9000 and ask them to move their cars. Heaven forbid 3 Model S' show up at more or less the same time and try to use it, right? Feel free to express yourself and listen to some teenager whine about having to park next to a garbage can.