Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Green Bay is a 100% MUST!!! Why It's not up already... The amount of traffic between Chicago and Green bay is insane, even more so during Packers Games. Since theirs not even a HPWC in Green Bay, Thats even ruled me driving out for now. I could do it if I was doing a over-night, a 85 pack could do a same day, but almost everything is 30 amp at 208v :(

Too bad Propel Imports (Where I get my motor scooters I sell from) uses 3 phase for their forklifts, or I could have plugged into that :)

Sorry for the late reply, there is also a charger at Bay Park Square, about 1.5 miles from Lambeau. I've taken mine to games, I would think the 60 would be okay if you got the charger. It's rarely used according to the staff at the mall. I posed a pic of my car there on plug share I think.

Sorry for the late reply, there is also a charger at Bay Park Square, about 1.5 miles from Lambeau. I've taken mine to games, I would think the 60 would be okay if you got the charger. It's rarely used according to the staff at the mall. I posed a pic of my car there on plug share I think.
It was my good fortune that both spots were occupied when I wanted to charge there on one of our first longer trips. We were staying at a hotel up the road and it did end up working out, but... not charging at where your staying just ends up kind of being a pain.

Used the Eau Claire, WI supercharger today. Most of the spaces were ICE'd, with only 2 empty slots. One had a S85 in it already. The other open parking spot was hemmed in by two SUVs. I really had to shoehorn it in to fit the S in there. Just sitting there for 45 minutes it looks like that area of the parking lot has a lot of activity with what looks like employee parking for the stores/restaurants in the strip mall.

Used the Eau Claire, WI supercharger today. Most of the spaces were ICE'd, with only 2 empty slots. One had a S85 in it already. The other open parking spot was hemmed in by two SUVs. I really had to shoehorn it in to fit the S in there. Just sitting there for 45 minutes it looks like that area of the parking lot has a lot of activity with what looks like employee parking for the stores/restaurants in the strip mall.
Call/email Tesla ownership or the Supercharger team if you haven't already. It's never been a problem when I've been to this site but I know I've ready of other similar reports here at TMC.

Yes, it is the Noodles Co employees parking there. Please call and let Tesla know this. This has been a on-going issue. The Employees are mad because that is where they "Used" to park, now they are supposed to park about 20 ft Further down... And they don't want to.....

Myself, and a number of other owners have already called in and complained. if you see this, also stop into the noodles company and let the manager know you will not be eating there due to the ******* employees.

Yes, it is the Noodles Co employees parking there. Please call and let Tesla know this. This has been a on-going issue. The Employees are mad because that is where they "Used" to park, now they are supposed to park about 20 ft Further down... And they don't want to.....

Myself, and a number of other owners have already called in and complained. if you see this, also stop into the noodles company and let the manager know you will not be eating there due to the ******* employees.
Who actually owns the property? What local laws are in effect if an ICE vehicle is parked in a SC slot?

Hearing that the Green Bay and Sheboygan SuperChargers are scheduled to start construction in March (~4 week install).

Wow, that's awesome. Where did this come from? Building permit? Local contractor? Do we know where in Sheboygan it is going? (Sorry, not a GBP fan, prob not going to make it up there). I'm spoiled in Chicago with superchargers only about 40 mi apart, I wish Milwaukee had one coming, too.

Other chargers -> haven't heard anything yet. Probably depends how many crews are going in the area. The last time they were constructing in the state I think they had 2 different crews going. Would seem logical they swing over to Wausau after GB. And probably the MN side for MSP, Duluth, etc. Perhaps though that is a separate crew altogether.

Can't confirm the location just yet but if what I was told holds true, it will be just off 43 & 23.

I tried, gave them perfect locations 2 years ago :-(

I think GB needs one more than MKE does.

A 60 should be able to go from Pleasant Prairie to GB on a single charge (right?), or PP to Madison..

Although Milwaukee would be nice, even throwing out the fact that I life in MKE, I don't really see a need just yet. People using the network can charge several places in IL, in Pleasant Prairie, Madison.. and on their way to where ever.

Green Bay really needs one.

Although Milwaukee would be nice, even throwing out the fact that I life in MKE, I don't really see a need just yet. People using the network can charge several places in IL, in Pleasant Prairie, Madison.. and on their way to where ever.

Yes, GB does need one. But MKE is about being a destination... what happens when you come up for Summerfest and stay a few days? Every hotel that has a charger (what is that, three downtown?) is full, and driving back to the border or Madison means you'd miss your concerts... put one out by the zoo or the ballpark.

The Supercharger network to me means the ability to take my eco-friendly car to places never before possible.

Lets try it another way... gas from my house to MKE and back was about $40 (last Oct when I did the math before I purchased) and electric is $5 if I don't stop at a supercharger, less if I do. Not having to take an ICE anywhere anymore... priceless!

I wish there were a Tesla rental agency (that only rented to Tesla owners, at rational car prices) so I could have one on the other side when I *HAVE* to fly. Hertz does at certain airports, but wants a fortune for it, even though their operating costs are a fraction of an ICE, especially if the renter knows how to drive one.

Yes, GB does need one. But MKE is about being a destination... what happens when you come up for Summerfest and stay a few days? Every hotel that has a charger (what is that, three downtown?) is full, and driving back to the border or Madison means you'd miss your concerts... put one out by the zoo or the ballpark.

The Supercharger network to me means the ability to take my eco-friendly car to places never before possible.

Lets try it another way... gas from my house to MKE and back was about $40 (last Oct when I did the math before I purchased) and electric is $5 if I don't stop at a supercharger, less if I do. Not having to take an ICE anywhere anymore... priceless!

I wish there were a Tesla rental agency (that only rented to Tesla owners, at rational car prices) so I could have one on the other side when I *HAVE* to fly. Hertz does at certain airports, but wants a fortune for it, even though their operating costs are a fraction of an ICE, especially if the renter knows how to drive one.

Good points!!

I'm sure there will be some good charging stations popping up in the Milwaukee / Waukesha are in the next year or so.

I think GB needs one more than MKE does.

A 60 should be able to go from Pleasant Prairie to GB on a single charge (right?), or PP to Madison..

With our winter temps, Let me just state that with my 60, I just make it by the skin of my teeth when we are at or below 0 to get from Milwaukee to Madison. Cant tell you how many times I roll in with Sub 20 miles range. Thats cutting it too close. Yes, I have kids, and do keep the heat bareable. I'm not driving a $80,000 car that I cant be warm in. Not hot, but at least comfortable. Though I have killed the heater on more then one occasion to get enough to make it. Thats leaving with a 100% charge and pre-heated battery. Going from Pleasant Prairie to Madison, can be iffy in a 60. Maybe if the pack is 100% hot from already long range freeway driving, but still, i'd have a backup plan in our temp range. Summer time, no problem what so ever. I get pretty darn near rated range in summer. But winter range has been crap this winter.

We are just off I-94 on Bluemound Road (Brookfield/Waukesha area). Right now an 80A HPWC and CS-100 75A J-1772. Sometime around the end of March we will have a 50kW DC fast charger. You will need the CHAdeMO adaptor though. Marshall Auto Body | Collision Repair | Waukesha, WI 53186

We are just off I-94 on Bluemound Road (Brookfield/Waukesha area). Right now an 80A HPWC and CS-100 75A J-1772. Sometime around the end of March we will have a 50kW DC fast charger. You will need the CHAdeMO adaptor though. Marshall Auto Body | Collision Repair | Waukesha, WI 53186

Now that is AWESOME! Thanks Scott for your EV Support!
Do you have your adapter yet? If not I'd be more then happy to test.
Also, which unit are you going with? ABB? Nissan Subsidized/Re-branded?