Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin to Key West road trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice post! Short and sweet with just the relevant details. Thanks for that! We did a trip down to Daytona Beach around Christmas, similar experience as you but it was the Macon S/C that had a bit of a wait, but just on the way home.

If it's one thing I would like to see, is even the V2 S/C stations not have power sharing. It's really nice when there isn't another car charging next to you.

Nice post! Short and sweet with just the relevant details. Thanks for that! We did a trip down to Daytona Beach around Christmas, similar experience as you but it was the Macon S/C that had a bit of a wait, but just on the way home.

If it's one thing I would like to see, is even the V2 S/C stations not have power sharing. It's really nice when there isn't another car charging next to you.

I also accidentally discovered that the level 2 Tesla chargers at hotels may be set up as shared power as well. I pulled into a hotel in Murfreesburo TN that had 12(!!!) L2 chargers and there was 1 other Model 3 so I parked right next to him just for solidarity. However when I plugged in I was only pulling 16 amps and it would not have fully charged over night (and I probably would have hosed the guy I was next to also!) I moved over 1 spot and immediately got 32 amps.

Reactions: GoergeJetson