Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wish it was a foot shorter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Measured my detached garage today and of course, it's 19.1 feet

I've read somewhere more garages are 20 feet but it seems I may be a one-off. (live in SoCal, Los Angeles)
For those that have pre-ordered and or plan to have you measured you garages am I a one-off?

All I thought was wow this is longer then I thought, I think from images it just doesn't seem it.
I understand it's the size of an F150. I used to have Suburbans when I was younger then a Toyota FJ for 9 years or so now a Model 3 so I've been all over the place.

I think the CyberTruck will go mainstream and many people will have it.
Some food for thought maybe to shave a foot or two off the length so it can fit in more garages.
This may become a shortcoming for myself and I'm sure others will be on the fence as well.

I believe more would be sold if it was just a bit shorter.

Thanks.

Reactions: go2realize

Thanks.

That's right, people just don't understand the geometry of the Dyson vacuum cleaners; making the bed 1 foot shorter will actually allow me to dock 3 more Platinum #007 Dyson back there, than if it was a true 6.5' bed!?! Has anybody else SEEN this atrocity in design work!?!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I've read somewhere more garages are 20 feet but it seems I may be a one-off. (live in SoCal, Los Angeles)
For those that have pre-ordered and or plan to have you measured you garages am I a one-off?

Building sizes are often discussed/quoted by nominal exterior dimensions or foundation dimensions. Of course the buyer cares about the interior dimensions which are reduced by the wall thickness.

The HPWC doesn't need to be installed in a garage.

I hear you, However, I don't trust leaving it charging in my driveway. Also not even sure if it would fit, think it may hang into the sidewalk. Have to measure the driveway length.

I'm down the block from a school and get a lot of foot traffic at all times of the day.

It just sucks that it's so close yet so far. (would hate to have to extend the garage or something)

I was just wondering how many other people are in the same situation.

I hear you, However, I don't trust leaving it charging in my driveway. Also not even sure if it would fit, think it may hang into the sidewalk. Have to measure the driveway length.

I'm down the block from a school and get a lot of foot traffic at all times of the day.

It just sucks that it's so close yet so far. (would hate to have to extend the garage or something)

I was just wondering how many other people are in the same situation.
1st supercrew I ever bought, I asked to drive it home to see if it would fit in the garage.

All I thought was wow this is longer then I thought, I think from images it just doesn't seem it.
I understand it's the size of an F150. I used to have Suburbans when I was younger then a Toyota FJ for 9 years or so now a Model 3 so I've been all over the place.

I think the CyberTruck will go mainstream and many people will have it.
Some food for thought maybe to shave a foot or two off the length so it can fit in more garages.
This may become a shortcoming for myself and I'm sure others will be on the fence as well.

Thanks.
I too wish it was just a bit shorter but it will work. When I bought my F150 Supercrew I had to test drive it home before purchasing to see if it would even fit in my garage. It just barely did, I had to back it in and go very slow until the bumper hit the wall. Then had to put on the parking brake, then put it in park to keep it pressed against the wall. Really looking forward to this truck.

I agree, really would love to see a slightly shorter truck to get in my garage to charge! It is fine for my M3 but would be too snug for this cyber beast. Make Elon offer as an extended cab version at current dimensions and 1 or 2 feet shorter for normal cab or whatever trucks are called when they fit in a garage.