TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wish List Center Console

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Mother Frunker, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Mother Frunker

Does anyone find the Tesla slightly uncomfortable driving on long trips due to the big open space under the console? My leg falls over in this space while driving. It would be nice if a center console was made that was twice the height of the current one. I envision it being flush with the bottom of the touchscreen (the storage cubby hole under the screen would be rendered useless) and extending all the way to the arm rest. Most importantly, there would then be a "support wall" for your leg to lean against while driving. Thoughts? :cool:

2. fwgmills

fwgmills Member

This was something that made my 2000 Ford Windstar difficult to drive long distances. I would get a crotch cramp (I guess you would call it) and have to stop more often to stretch. My 2013 Ford Explorer has a large center console with a cubby and two big cup holders (can hold a 24oz water bottle with ease) and I'm a little worried about comfort in the Model X. I would guess the next gen seats help this some...I'll just have to wait and see. I doubt that will stop me from buying a MX though. I would probably build myself a center console. :smile:

3. EMP40

EMP40 Member

There should be an option to replace the center tray with a console on initial order. Not just an add-in console

4. Tinky

Tinky Member

As a temporary cup holder fix we purchase a few of these

- - - Updated - - -

We also use them in the back floor area for guests. image.jpg

Attached Files:

5. !S4

!S4 Member

That looks like a decent idea. I typically like the yacht floor, but for the trips where an extra cup holder is needed this will be perfect. Just ordered a couple!

If anyone is searching for it it's the "Bell CO51 Octopus Cup Holder".

6. Tom Keck

Tom Keck New Member

This inexpensive bin is a perfect fit for the center tray. It fits under the display so you can push it all the way to the back. It's also available in brown. Kohl's list price is $12 but there's always sales and discounts at Kohl's.
    IMG_20150802_070533.jpg IMG_20150802_070631.jpg