Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wish List Center Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone find the Tesla slightly uncomfortable driving on long trips due to the big open space under the console? My leg falls over in this space while driving. It would be nice if a center console was made that was twice the height of the current one. I envision it being flush with the bottom of the touchscreen (the storage cubby hole under the screen would be rendered useless) and extending all the way to the arm rest. Most importantly, there would then be a "support wall" for your leg to lean against while driving. Thoughts? :cool:

This was something that made my 2000 Ford Windstar difficult to drive long distances. I would get a crotch cramp (I guess you would call it) and have to stop more often to stretch. My 2013 Ford Explorer has a large center console with a cubby and two big cup holders (can hold a 24oz water bottle with ease) and I'm a little worried about comfort in the Model X. I would guess the next gen seats help this some...I'll just have to wait and see. I doubt that will stop me from buying a MX though. I would probably build myself a center console. :smile:

As a temporary cup holder fix we purchase a few of these

- - - Updated - - -

We also use them in the back floor area for guests.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 420
As a temporary cup holder fix we purchase a few of these

- - - Updated - - -

We also use them in the back floor area for guests.
That looks like a decent idea. I typically like the yacht floor, but for the trips where an extra cup holder is needed this will be perfect. Just ordered a couple!

If anyone is searching for it it's the "Bell CO51 Octopus Cup Holder".