TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wish List Item: Camera and plugs for jump seats

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Rodolfo Paiz, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Rodolfo Paiz

Rodolfo Paiz P85 "Plug and Play"

I haven't found a place to put suggested improvements or wish-list items, so I figured this one might as well go here. Mods, feel free to move and/or let me know where to put this kind of stuff in the future.

With kids in the rear-facing jump seats, I'd really like to be able to look back there and see what's going on. A small camera that shows me the kids in the jumpseat would be a very welcome option to add for the future. Another would be at least one 110V AC plug in the trunk, and at least one USB plug (charging purposes only) on each side of both the jumpseats and the rear seats.

2. alset

alset Member

Good ideas. Not surprisingly I haven't heard these before as the jump seats are only getting installed now. Getting mine Friday!

3. rekoh

rekoh Member

you should be able to add a 12v power plug and tap into the power supply of the light? ..kind of a hack, but it will at least get some power to plug in some electronics to charge...

4. mlascano

mlascano S Sig #722

Great ideas Rodolfo.
    I had started a thread a while back discussing the camera idea for the jump seats: Camera for rear facing jump seats
    Hopefully someone with the right tech skills figures out a way of doing this. Toggling between the current camera view on the 17" screen and a view of the jump seats would be awesome.