Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wish list, of options I dont want.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want rubber flooring that drains when washed with hose. I want vinyl seats so I can wash out with soap and water. If u want carpet and leather, Please make it an option. We r going trucking in the dirt, mud, swamp. No carpet and leather.
Anyone agree?

For $70k I don’t want a Honda Element! I want a luxury interior, I’ll pay for the all weather mats and I’ll keep the dirt in the bed.

Most truck owners I know buy trucks for versatility and not just for slogging mud on OHV trails. And hosing down an electronic interior with screens everywhere is a scary thought but yea, why not but it will be a more expensive option IMO

Agreed. Vehicles for work are designed to carry tools and liquids that include pvc pipe cleaner and glue, roof sealants, silicone, paint, kerosene, bar and chain oil, grease, gas...... I carry around a tool box, tool tray, and a cooler for digital meters, IR thermometers, and electronic temperature sensitive tools . Liquids, cleaners and sealants are always wedged in place in my cab. Mastics from caulk guns don’t remove from carpet. These items can’t be hauled in sub-freezing temperatures in the bed or frunk. That’s what my back seat is for. I fold the back seats away or remove them. It decreases a lot of weight too. You don’t find carpet in fleet vehicles made to work out of. And they are cheaper to produce.

Agreed. Vehicles for work are designed to carry tools and liquids that include pvc pipe cleaner and glue, roof sealants, silicone, paint, kerosene, bar and chain oil, grease, gas...... I carry around a tool box, tool tray, and a cooler for digital meters, IR thermometers, and electronic temperature sensitive tools . Liquids, cleaners and sealants are always wedged in place in my cab. Mastics from caulk guns don’t remove from carpet. These items can’t be hauled in sub-freezing temperatures in the bed or frunk. That’s what my back seat is for. I fold the back seats away or remove them. It decreases a lot of weight too. You don’t find carpet in fleet vehicles made to work out of. And they are cheaper to produce.
You had me until you said "and they are cheaper to produce". Unless you are talking about items that cost thousands of dollars to produce (like the battery) the thing that makes them cheap is the scale and speed of production. A couple of hundred dollars for carpeting will be cheaper in the long run due to the fact that the assembly line will already be set up for it and it will be produced at scale. The Cybertruck will be relatively cheap for these reasons, not because they offer materials and small options that would only add complexity to the production process.

Dan

Don’t want air suspension. It’s good for on road, gimmicky and not functional and pretty much terrible for off roading, also not great for towing heavy loads, extremely difficult to delete, and incapacitates the vehicle when it fails.

^^^. That would make it shorter than any half ton truck, also shorter than a Toyota Tacoma or any other mid sized truck. Would make it roughly the size of a Jeep gladiator, which is not very functional as a truck.

EXZQNq7.gif

I hope the light bar has something like this

Reactions: AhwatukeeDad
You had me until you said "and they are cheaper to produce". Unless you are talking about items that cost thousands of dollars to produce (like the battery) the thing that makes them cheap is the scale and speed of production. A couple of hundred dollars for carpeting will be cheaper in the long run due to the fact that the assembly line will already be set up for it and it will be produced at scale. The Cybertruck will be relatively cheap for these reasons, not because they offer materials and small options that would only add complexity to the production process.

Dan
"They are cheaper to produce" with rubber floor mats compared to carpet, padding and installation. (The padding that always seems to find it's way into an air cleaner in another vehicle or tractor in the shed)