Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wish me luck...

pdk42

Jul 17, 2019
Leamington
11am tomorrow, 30th Sept at West Drayton. A combination of excitement and dread. I hope I get a good 'un!

If you're around at about the same time, I'll be the one looking scared and confused (or maybe that'll be most of us!).

GrumpyManUK

Jun 21, 2019
Herts, UK
Good luck and have an exciting day! Don't be pressured in to having to leave when checking the vehicle. If necessary, drive around the corner and park out front - and check the vehicle some more and report it in person if necessary.
Don't forget that you can spend even more money in the service centre next door on all weather mats, etc.

TelTezla

Sep 26, 2019
London
Enjoy! I'm there later in the afternoon. It's going to be chaos isn't it :(
Let us know just how many people and cars they have crammed in for the last day (of the quarter), when you arrive?

thegruf

Mar 24, 2015
indeterminate
If it is anything like as ludicrously busy as Saturday was, you'll have to pinch yourself that it is real.
There was a steady stream of cars coming in, and almost as steady as stream as BCA transporters taking trade-ins off to auction.
Never seen anything like it in my life.
Other car manufacturers and dealers must just be shaking their heads in disbelief.
Nice fresh cookies too!

pdk42

Jul 17, 2019
Leamington
Well - in summary ..... :) :)

In detail:

- Car is damned near perfect. Only flaw is slight asymmetry on bumper fit at front. But it's very minor. Not sure I'll bother with it. Door fit and other panel alignment is absolutely spot on - probably better than the 335i I traded in.

- Paint looks perfect too. Can't find any obvious issues. Some sparse coverage inside door jambs at front, but it's not much and not an issue for me.

- Added about 100 miles of charge at Supercharger at collection point. Didn't need to wait fur a place. Took about 20 mins - just enough time to pair phone, take a close paint inspection, take a few pics, and fiddle with a few settings.

- Did a 140 mile trip from WD to home, stopping off at a friend's place at Stevenage on the way. 140 miles at 250 Wh/mi.

So, whilst the collection experience is very unorthodox, I'm overall very satisfied.

For those still waiting, I hope you have a great collection experience when the time comes!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC