Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wish me luck...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, my conclusion, at least with my car - the auto wipe needs some very urgent attention. Mine was bordering on dangerous.

Had issues cancelling Easter eggs too. Part of my journey had jingle bells as the indicator sound and a Martian landscape for satnav. Didn’t know it was like this when I set off and could not find an easy way to cancel it when in motion.

fooooook me..... I just woke the whole house laughing. Laughing as I type this. It all went visual.

• Funny
Reactions: TM3PTN and Keeper
Is that not the invisible washers? I'm still not convinced ours are working even having seen a slo-mo of what they should be like. No idea how you find out if washer fluid is empty if they don't spray on window - I guess some icon somewhere
Not quite. Press the stalk end to the first detent and you get a single wipe. Press it fully in and you get a quick squirt then 2+1 wipes.

Reactions: vitesse
Not quite. Press the stalk end to the first detent and you get a single wipe. Press it fully in and you get a quick squirt then 2+1 wipes.
I am going to have try this again......I am sure that I held the button at the first detente and they wiped continuously until I released. It was raining heavily on Monday on way back from WD so may have missed the wash fluid coming out.

The instinct is to move the wiper stalk up to full - and quickly. Farting around with the screen is definitely not what you want in this situation.

I've been mulling this over for a while, for many of us that instinct will involve the right hand stalk which in the M3 is the gear selector. Has anyone been brave enough to find out what happens if you mash this in to reverse, thinking it's the wiper stalk, at 70Mph?
I'm assuming there's a safety which prevents the car actually trying to turn itself inside out?

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
I've been mulling this over for a while, for many of us that instinct will involve the right hand stalk which in the M3 is the gear selector. Has anyone been brave enough to find out what happens if you mash this in to reverse, thinking it's the wiper stalk, at 70Mph?
I'm assuming there's a safety which prevents the car actually trying to turn itself inside out?

Having self-answered (to an extent) I thought I'd share a thread on behaviour in the Model S. Likely to be the same in the M3
Apply parking brake at speed - effect

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
Has anyone been brave enough to find out what happens if you mash this in to reverse, thinking it's the wiper stalk, at 70Mph?

The answer is yes.
Now the very fact that you are asking these very valid questions is a testament that you cannot have waited long enough for delivery. If you had waited and waited and waited you would have had the opportunity to watch every single youtube video on the interweb mentioning Model 3. There are lots of them out there with varying degrees of gashness but some of them are actually very good. There is one where the very question you raise is asked and then tried out! Some other equally interesting whatifs are explored too. Now this is where I insert a link to the video in question but the sad truth is, I can't find the one I'm thinking of. However here is another one that answers the question.

Reactions: ajp558
The answer is yes.
Now the very fact that you are asking these very valid questions is a testament that you cannot have waited long enough for delivery. If you had waited and waited and waited you would have had the opportunity to watch every single youtube video on the interweb mentioning Model 3. There are lots of them out there with varying degrees of gashness but some of them are actually very good. There is one where the very question you raise is asked and then tried out! Some other equally interesting whatifs are explored too. Now this is where I insert a link to the video in question but the sad truth is, I can't find the one I'm thinking of. However here is another one that answers the question.

Your sherlock-like powers of deduction are bang on the money!
I was in the "wrong" queue for a long time and so could tell you an _awful_ lot about the Porsche Taycan. My switch to the M3 queue was relatively recent (<1month) when I discovered how absurdly expensive the Taycan was and how small the usable range is likely to be.
I've had a month of video/review/forum work but I'm clearly still a noob!

Welcome! Enjoy the Model 3, it's a fun drive but it's far from perfect and is overpriced in my opinion.
Now having said that I know I will be flamed by the Fanboy community but I stand by my opinion.
Also just be warned that the delivery experience is not Porsche - more British Rail.

Worth the money? That's an interesting question. In terms of interior luxury, build quality, or cabin refinement, you're probably right. However, there's a lot of R&D in there that you're ignoring and which must be paid for somehow.

If you do a comparison of a £50k BMW 3-series with the Model 3 and look only at the cosmetics then you could conclude that the BMW is the better value for money. However, that's ignoring the lifetime ownership costs when taking into account fuel costs, servicing costs etc. And the environmental impact is something that can't be ignored either.

Last edited: