Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wish we could view cars further back.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SOULPEDL

Cyber-Bandit is Ready!
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2016
Arizona
Referral Code
I feel like the cards at bottom of the screen are in the way of seeing more behind the car. Maybe that's all the data anyway. Nice to know if someone's coming up from behind. Don't think rear cam is involved. I never see a car directly behind. Wonder why. Maybe cards in the way?

Love that lane changes work off freeways too! I did notice it wouldn't go into an HOV lane on freeways. Had 2 solid lines separated by a foot is maybe why. Maybe that indicates you're not supposed to enter there? Lol. Loving 9, thanks Tesla. More please...

• Love
Reactions: BOBTHEJOCKEY
Rear-camera isn't used I believe. Only the extremely short-range ultrasonics since there is no rear-facing radar. I'm sure they could use image processing and AI on the rear-camera, but it would probably be extremely difficult to judge/calculate distance accurately.

Hah? Mine does cross double yellow line into HOV lane. Also, I tried NAV on Autopilot, and it did the same. Suggested me to enter the HOV lane illegally.

C85F864E-E441-4D3E-87FC-20AE3D4E43F9.png

• Informative
Reactions: DDotJ
Hah? Mine does cross double yellow line into HOV lane. Also, I tried NAV on Autopilot, and it did the same. Suggested me to enter the HOV lane illegally.

View attachment 343987
How well does it change lanes in traffic? I have v9 but not NoA, and when i was in traffic trying to change lanes to a slower lane, the car slammed the brakes to get in behind a car. It was very rough, I was wondering if NoA was a little better about that. Or how it performs when in near-standstill traffic, does it have difficulty merging into a tight target lane?

How well does it change lanes in traffic? I have v9 but not NoA, and when i was in traffic trying to change lanes to a slower lane, the car slammed the brakes to get in behind a car. It was very rough, I was wondering if NoA was a little better about that. Or how it performs when in near-standstill traffic, does it have difficulty merging into a tight target lane?

Currently, tbh, it only performs “good” without much traffic around. With stop and go or heavy traffic, it just blinks then tries to move to the lane a little bit then goes back and puts you into a dangerous situation.

If you are in the HOV lane, sometimes it asks you to move into the divider. Also, it does this frequently.
E865BCA0-6B32-4124-8D2C-8397F433E56C.png

I think it would be better if Tesla starts to use the rear camera, so it can detect the incoming traffic better.

• Informative
Reactions: DDotJ
Currently, tbh, it only performs “good” without much traffic around. With stop and go or heavy traffic, it just blinks then tries to move to the lane a little bit then goes back and puts you into a dangerous situation.

If you are in the HOV lane, sometimes it asks you to move into the divider. Also, it does this frequently.
View attachment 344015

I think it would be better if Tesla starts to use the rear camera, so it can detect the incoming traffic better.
Interesting, I guess this is probably why Tesla held back the release of NoA. I hope it improves a lot prior to release. But I am skeptical...

I feel like the cards at bottom of the screen are in the way of seeing more behind the car. Maybe that's all the data anyway. Nice to know if someone's coming up from behind. Don't think rear cam is involved. I never see a car directly behind. Wonder why. Maybe cards in the way?

Love that lane changes work off freeways too! I did notice it wouldn't go into an HOV lane on freeways. Had 2 solid lines separated by a foot is maybe why. Maybe that indicates you're not supposed to enter there? Lol. Loving 9, thanks Tesla. More please...
Why don't you use your rear view mirror? Not trying to be flippant here. I don't understand the problem obviously. I don't have autopilot.

I think you have HOV lane enabled in the NAV right? I don't think it knows the entry/exit points of HOV lanes. It just knows that you can drive on HOV so it would suggest you enter it if the fast lane is moving much slower than the speed limit you set.

Why don't you use your rear view mirror?

Fair question. I think you just get used to using the screen over mirrors. Mirrors hide things. When I drive the Murano, I'm confused where to look when I back up. So I turn around, backup some, still confused, stop, turn around again... can't win.

Face it, we won't need mirrors in the future (don't say it).