Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wishing a new map feature

Mazari4life

Feb 2, 2018
Virginia
I wish we could submit suggestions to tesla. For example, it would be very helpful if the map could show local charging stations. A good example is Plugshare.

ewoodrick

Apr 13, 2018
Buford, GA
You ask, it appears.

If you put the car in park, you should get three buttons on the left side of the map near the bottom, one is an lightning bolt (I think) click it on and the chargers appear on the map with a list showing on the upper right. For superchargers, it shows the number of stalls an which are occupied.

TexasEV

Jun 5, 2013
Austin, TX
You ask, it appears.

If you put the car in park, you should get three buttons on the left side of the map near the bottom, one is an lightning bolt (I think) click it on and the chargers appear on the map with a list showing on the upper right. For superchargers, it shows the number of stalls an which are occupied.
I don’t think this is what the OP had in mind. This shows Tesla destination charging program HPWCs and anywhere you’ve charged previously (J1772 or outlet). It does not show all the public J1772s.

Missile Toad

Aug 30, 2016
Houston
Does Tesla give out J1772 adapters with their new cars these days? I've had at least two occasions where the J1772 has been helpful in about 15,000 miles of driving. That isn't to say I wouldn't like to know where the J1772 'local' chargers are. It just means that they seem to be less and less helpful as more destination chargers appear.

Missile Toad

Aug 30, 2016
Houston
Incidentally, 3 out of 5 of my last attempts to use a J1772 were blocked by congestion or faulty charging equipment, here in the Houston area. Your mileage will vary.

Mazari4life

Feb 2, 2018
Virginia
You ask, it appears.

Learning new features everyday. I have only had mine for two weeks now. Thanks. It shows some but not all.

scrapps

Jan 10, 2016
Wilton, CT
Does Tesla give out J1772 adapters with their new cars these days? I've had at least two occasions where the J1772 has been helpful in about 15,000 miles of driving. That isn't to say I wouldn't like to know where the J1772 'local' chargers are. It just means that they seem to be less and less helpful as more destination chargers appear.
Yes the Model 3 comes with a J1772 adapter .I use it regularly at the local library.

Coeus

Apr 16, 2018
Carmel, IN

You don't have to put the car in park. You can just tap the map and the side buttons will appear.

Rocky_H

Feb 19, 2015
Boise, ID
I think Tesla doesn't want to show every kind of charging resource from every unrelated source that could be all kinds of unreliable. They don't want to get blamed for appearing to "recommend" charging locations, and then people go there and find that it's missing, or broken, or unusable for some reason. So they only display the ones they have some relationship with, that they can be mostly aware of being available.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC