Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wishing a new map feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You ask, it appears.

If you put the car in park, you should get three buttons on the left side of the map near the bottom, one is an lightning bolt (I think) click it on and the chargers appear on the map with a list showing on the upper right. For superchargers, it shows the number of stalls an which are occupied.

You ask, it appears.

If you put the car in park, you should get three buttons on the left side of the map near the bottom, one is an lightning bolt (I think) click it on and the chargers appear on the map with a list showing on the upper right. For superchargers, it shows the number of stalls an which are occupied.
I don’t think this is what the OP had in mind. This shows Tesla destination charging program HPWCs and anywhere you’ve charged previously (J1772 or outlet). It does not show all the public J1772s.

Does Tesla give out J1772 adapters with their new cars these days? I've had at least two occasions where the J1772 has been helpful in about 15,000 miles of driving. That isn't to say I wouldn't like to know where the J1772 'local' chargers are. It just means that they seem to be less and less helpful as more destination chargers appear.

You ask, it appears.

Learning new features everyday. I have only had mine for two weeks now. Thanks. It shows some but not all.

Does Tesla give out J1772 adapters with their new cars these days? I've had at least two occasions where the J1772 has been helpful in about 15,000 miles of driving. That isn't to say I wouldn't like to know where the J1772 'local' chargers are. It just means that they seem to be less and less helpful as more destination chargers appear.
Yes the Model 3 comes with a J1772 adapter .I use it regularly at the local library.

You don't have to put the car in park. You can just tap the map and the side buttons will appear.

I think Tesla doesn't want to show every kind of charging resource from every unrelated source that could be all kinds of unreliable. They don't want to get blamed for appearing to "recommend" charging locations, and then people go there and find that it's missing, or broken, or unusable for some reason. So they only display the ones they have some relationship with, that they can be mostly aware of being available.