Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wishlist...Adaptive steering settings?

Would we like to have steering wheel feel customizable for certain speed ranges?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure where to post this. I wish there was a way to set specific steering wheel feel at certain speeds.

Example

Soft<25mph

Standard (25-65mph)

sport >65mph

This could be saved for individual driver profiles. Would be a soft way of having adaptive steering feel.

Additionally....

Why can we not have the ability to set custom voice commands...or at least navigate the already available car menu by voice. I know the Tesla version of an AI assistant is in the works but.....

Push voice button-
"chill mode on" or "chill mode off" something to this effect. And so much more....

I am not sure where to post this. I wish there was a way to set specific steering wheel feel at certain speeds.

Example

Soft<25mph

Standard (25-65mph)

sport >65mph

This could be saved for individual driver profiles. Would be a soft way of having adaptive steering feel.

@Blamski Ever since 2022.12.3.1 I think the Standard and Sport modes both match that example config you gave.

Prior to that the level of assist felt much more constant no matter the car's speed. Which made the steering weight feel more natural. Now there's too much assist at low speeds for good feel in very sharp, tight turns, especially hairpins.

So I guess I would like such a feature, to bring back the old steering assist!

Reactions: XPsionic
@Blamski Ever since 2022.12.3.1 I think the Standard and Sport modes both match that example config you gave.

Prior to that the level of assist felt much more constant no matter the car's speed. Which made the steering weight feel more natural. Now there's too much assist at low speeds for good feel in very sharp, tight turns, especially hairpins.

So I guess I would like such a feature, to bring back the old steering assist!
So keeping at standard would be ideal then, for it to change from 25-65 mph? I personally like comfort, but at highway its too sensitive. Sport is too tough to comfortably turn at low speeds.

So keeping at standard would be ideal then, for it to change from 25-65 mph? I personally like comfort, but at highway its too sensitive. Sport is too tough to comfortably turn at low speeds.
I'm not sure about the exact speed transitions. I'm just saying that the new power steering assist seems to be generally stronger (more assist / lighter steering effort) at low speeds (when steering is naturally heavier), and the assist backs off as vehicle speed rises.

Which sounds like what you want. Sport used to be very hefty at low speeds, but not anymore in my car since 2022.12.3.1 software update. Before that I preferred Standard. Now I prefer Sport but even Sport feels overboosted at low speeds now.

Yeah try Standard again if you haven't in a while.

I'm not sure about the exact speed transitions. I'm just saying that the new power steering assist seems to be generally stronger (more assist / lighter steering effort) at low speeds (when steering is naturally heavier), and the assist backs off as vehicle speed rises.

Which sounds like what you want. Sport used to be very hefty at low speeds, but not anymore in my car since 2022.12.3.1 software update. Before that I preferred Standard. Now I prefer Sport but even Sport feels overboosted at low speeds now.

Yeah try Standard again if you haven't in a while.
Yeah Im gonna try it. My car has been in the ship for 3 months, getting it back in a week LOL