Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wishlist / improvements / enhancements (RFEs)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
#1: Speech controls doing a lot more.

#2: Reliable resume to same song for USB music playback (after car restart.)

#3: Web browser in the UI. <<<=== (Edit) we get this with v9 now !!!

#4: More improvements to "phone as key." <<<=== (Edit) I think there have been improvements here.

#5: Camper/sleep mode.

#6: Uncorcking ?

Last edited:
-Energy usage graph like the Model S/X
-Real time +/- kW meter instead of just a colored, unit-less bar
-Amber rear turn signals (that aren't shared as brake lights!)
-Ability to disable or severely limit traction control for performance driving

Last edited:
Reactions: jsmay311 and CWFLY
  • Third party API
An API might allow for things like adding voice commands and gives us some control to be able to expand functionality of our own cars.

Also, I encourage everyone reading to use the bug report feature in the car to request the features you want. Elon Musk recently tweeted in response to a request for features that the bug report feature can be used in this way: Elon Musk on Twitter

• Informative
Reactions: darkenergy
I certainly agree with, and have also thought of, many of the previous suggestions - but I'd add one to the suggestion of being able to use an Apple Watch or Android Wear as a key.

There should be an app in the watch that detects when it's lost BT connectivity with the phone - and if the phone was what had the car unlocked, alert the driver that he or she may have left their phone in the car (and, therefore, left it vulnerable to theft).

Wife Mode of the app so it doesn't display where the car is. Not that I have anything to hide but it makes saying I'm at work hard when the car is at the dive bar. :)
Summon
Sending and receiving text with voice commands (apple carplay)
Waze!!!
Favorites of all media (FM, Streaming, Podcast) that I can scroll through by pressing the left button or something.

• Funny
Reactions: Vines and SigNC
I often turn off my turn-signal when my last tire crosses the white line changing lanes. At this point, the car is not yet centered in the lane (still trending) so the steer-wheel vibrates (alert). Two things wrong with this. (1) I already know. (2) Frequent vibration-alerts start getting ignored.

Not sure how much complexity it would take to recognize that a lane change is finishing, and so long a the car continues towards the center of the lane, no alert is necessary.