Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wishlist / improvements / enhancements (RFEs)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. locking pin for glovebox

2. option to close the vents on the passenger side to route most of the air to driver's side..

3. checking for updates option

4. browser should be the very last priority until everything else is addressed.

I'm looking for a beautiful car that runs exclusively on Electricity.

0-60 times around 3.1 seconds that can theoretically travel 310 miles.

It has to be white on the outside with a white interior.

It has to have 20inch rims.

It has to be able to be updated to the latest and greatest software and receive wonderful improvements for the life of the car. ( unlike any other car manufacturer ).

It has to have a genius CEO that fully understands and develops the Tech of the car.

It also has to have...….wait......hold on...…… I HAVE ONE OF THOSE ALREADY!!!!.

I'm satisfied.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Probllama
The topic is about wishlist/improvements etc. I don't see how you contribute to this topic by listing the things in the car that already exist and you like, that's all...

I make the same statement to nay-sayers and short sellers that criticize Tesla.

I understand the intent of the thread, however sometimes we must remind ourselves that we don't have to make Tesla great again. Its already great.

I understand that the tenor of this thread is to dream, however I count my current blessings and remind myself and others of how far they ( Tesla ) has come.

If that doesn't do much for you...then....ok... ignore my posts.

interesting to see how many of these "wishes" have now been granted through OTA updates. Does anyone know where we can make these suggestions to Tesla so they can be considered?

I would add the request to unfold mirrors at 25 mph, not 30. I drive through a residential area on the first part of my commute but the mirrors don't unfold until I'm on a main thoroughfare unless I (gasp) speed.

An obvious one based on earlier posts is to create more contrast on the red car icon so the brake lights are distinguishable.

Oh yes- I second that- more contrast on the red car icon so the brake lights are distinguishable.
The the excellent but young human engineering experts at Tesla should check whatever they design, to be viewed by not-so-young drivers, who don't see as well as those spring chickens...

Tesla should redesign the side mirrors in order to minimize the blind spots on both sides, to include slightly curved mirror edge which provides wider peripheral angel.
In the meantime, I am going to put this $6.29 "bandaid" solution. Another idea can be copied from Mercedes Blind Spot Assist. (It must be easy, since Tesla already has all the necessary sensors in place)
Well, look what I have just found- more than a hundred versions of this Blind Spot suggestion on Elon Musk's tweeter account: Good Idea

These threads keep popping up and while they are valuable, they go nowhere. If someone more versed than me can figure an easy way to capture these suggestions and VOTE them up or down, then we might accomplish something.
There is a site, teslatap.com, that has this. The problem with a simple Vote it Up or Down page like that is people don't see their issue on the first page so they add duplicates. Should be like a wiki so that others can combine issues that are the same basic change. Or like some support pages that as you type your issue it live searches what has already been posted. Apple has a clever Me Too button so they can get a count of how many people are affected by an issue.

But there is nothing like any of that for Tesla issues. No wiki, well there is the empty Tesla Wiki if whoever owns it would let people login. Perhaps teslawiki means something else in Turkish. There is also Tesla-Buzz which appears basically empty. Not sure why all these sites are empty.

And the Tesla Forums are so vastly inferior to this site and seem unpoliced by employees.

-Randy

Last edited:
Tesla runs very quiet- indeed the motor is noiseless at any speed. I love my car.
HOWEVER-
The car's cabin noise-insulation is less satisfactory. The noise of the wheels on the road is very pronounced and a little disturbing.
I'd suggest that in their next redesign, Tesla should improve the noise insulation.

This week I took an Uber ride in a Lincoln MKZ (regular ICE) driving on the noisy and bad freeways in Los Angeles, and it was quieter than my Tesla Model 3 !!!!

transport-laugh-laughing-funny_noise-car-auto-dcrn243_low.jpg