Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisp Resort charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's fair. But at the same time, lots of places might not even run that extension cord to allow 120V charging. :dunno:

It depends what type of extension cord it is. A Chevy Volt can use a 20-gauge 100 ft cord and have zero issues but a Tesla in this weather almost requires a 12-gauge (25 ft) or 10-gauge (50 ft) cord to even survive at a 3 mi/hr charging rate. I doubt the Hotel has a 50 Amp RV / Heavy Duty extension cord but maybe they do. I have my own 10-gauge 50 ft cord so I can be self-sufficient.

@Darren Schilberg I have advocated for quite a few charging stations and have always been aggravated at the lack of ability to track usage. I have a restaurant and brewery/restaurant that I got on board locally where I am quite close with management/owners and asked them to try and keep track when they notice cars there plugged in regardless of type of EV. After 2-3 months at each location I concluded that only 30-40% of drivers check in on plugshare.:-( Hell, many Tesla owners I meet are oblivious it exists these days.

@Max* any chance you can grab a business card of the managers off the front desk and email me his info? I'd like to send him some info to make him aware. Any decent manager that knows what marketing costs would be open to free chargers/advertising. You would have to have a hatred toward EV's to not want to grow your business with free amenities. Just doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
@Darren Schilberg I have advocated for quite a few charging stations and have always been aggravated at the lack of ability to track usage. I have a restaurant and brewery/restaurant that I got on board locally where I am quite close with management/owners and asked them to try and keep track when they notice cars there plugged in regardless of type of EV. After 2-3 months at each location I concluded that only 30-40% of drivers check in on plugshare.:-( Hell, many Tesla owners I meet are oblivious it exists these days.

@Max* any chance you can grab a business card of the managers off the front desk and email me his info? I'd like to send him some info to make him aware. Any decent manager that knows what marketing costs would be open to free chargers/advertising. You would have to have a hatred toward EV's to not want to grow your business with free amenities. Just doesn't make sense.
I'm checking out tomorrow. I'll try to get it.

As a small update, there are 3 Tesla here now. Mine and two SUVs. I went to the front desk, again, and bluntly told them that last time the excuse was no demand. Now there are THREE of us here. And only two outlets, one of which turns off when the sun comes up. And o yeah, it's 7F outside. So range is crap.

The guy said he's been working here for 3 years, this is the first time they've had more than one. And yes, he's also aware Tesla installs the chargers for free.

I told him it'll only get worse...

@EVTECH I got the managers business card, I'll PM you a photo.

I spoke to the person at the front desk, again. She said there were 6 Teslas here this weekend. SIX! She said the manager is going to call to get more info about the Tesla chargers.

But if you also get in touch, it'd be appreciated.
What's the phone number? We can call and say " we'd like to stay there but we need a Tesla charger or at least 220v. Oh you don't ... But snowshoe does.. guess we will have to go there again.. bye."