Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

With 8.0, now my MX wakes my iPhone 6S often

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my 8.0 update on Friday, every since then my MX wakes my iPhone 6S (iOS 10.0.2) over Bluetooth and starts playing music (on my phone). When my iPhone is not in range, it goes down the list of registered phones and starts playing music on those phones. I have even shut down the Apple Music app and the way the iPhone works, it will open the app if instructed to do so.

Reactions: EVCarGUy and BG121
Got my 8.0 update on Friday, every since then my MX wakes my iPhone 6S (iOS 10.0.2) over Bluetooth and starts playing music (on my phone). When my iPhone is not in range, it goes down the list of registered phones and starts playing music on those phones. I have even shut down the Apple Music app and the way the iPhone works, it will open the app if instructed to do so.

My S85D used to do this on 7.1. There is a nice improvement with 8.0, however. On 5.x, 6.2, and 7.0/7.1, every single time I got in the car, I'd have to reselect bluetooth as the audio source. After the 8.0 update, if bluetooth was the last source, when I get in the car and it discovers the bluetooth, it will select it and start playing. There are times I don't want it start playing, so no behavior is always 100% correct, but the 8.0 auto-select/play is usually what I want and is much more convenient than me reselecting bluetooth every single freaking time I got in the car (even after stepping out briefly to get my mail!)

• Funny
Reactions: Softwizard
We are experiencing this same issue. The car is parked in the garage locked but my phones are randomly starting to play music. It happened right in front of me when the music started on the phone by itself.

• Informative
Reactions: Softwizard
I called it into the 844 Support number and - after research - told me to move my keyfobs as far away as possible from the car. Their theory is that the car keeps waking up because the keyfob is near.

I don't have the RFID blocker for my keyfob, but previously having my keys in the kitchen drawer (a good 35 feet away through four interior walls) was far enough away. With 8.0, maybe it's no longer far enough?

I moved both of them to my master bathroom drawer as far away from the garage as possible and will report back on results.