Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

With final specs revealed anyone putting a deposit on a Lucid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plan on waiting to see what the refreshed/redesigned Model S will be but the Lucid specs are pretty impressive. The only metric that the current Model S Performance has on the Lucid is 0-60. Just wondering if anyone is planning on getting a Lucid? At that price point it is far more expensive than a loaded Model S but I'm assuming the plaid Model S will creep close to the150K but Lucid does have the tax credit to entice buyers too. Regardless, glad another from the ground up EV company is at least pushing the envelope rather than most of the other ICE Manufacturers half hearted attempts at building EVs.

Plan on waiting to see what the refreshed/redesigned Model S will be but the Lucid specs are pretty impressive. The only metric that the current Model S Performance has on the Lucid is 0-60. Just wondering if anyone is planning on getting a Lucid? At that price point it is far more expensive than a loaded Model S but I'm assuming the plaid Model S will creep close to the150K but Lucid does have the tax credit to entice buyers too. Regardless, glad another from the ground up EV company is at least pushing the envelope rather than most of the other ICE Manufacturers half hearted attempts at building EVs.
can you send a link to Lucid specs, I think I would like to see it first, and maybe a little track record too, theirs no service centers, and no showrooms either.

I’d like to see the tri-motor options from Lucid and Tesla. Will Plaid be less than $140k and include a true luxury cabin? I assume performance and range will be something similar to Lucid’s Dream edition.

I’d prefer to have a bigger price delta these everyday sedans and the Roadster, assuming that happens any time soon.

I actually think the current Model S is a nicer looking car than the Lucid, even with the Lucid being as beautiful as it is. I have no need for an exterior refresh of the Model S, and fear they could mess up its current beauty. The interior, however, is in dire need. My friends compare it to driving an iPad. As an expensive of a car as it is, it has an overall plastic-like feel. Nothing about the inside speaks luxury to me. This hasn't stopped me from getting one, as I am on my 3rd Model S, and will get a 4th when my lease is up.

What it comes down for me is charging, and the charging network. If I can't easily travel, then I'm out.

I actually think the current Model S is a nicer looking car than the Lucid, even with the Lucid being as beautiful as it is. I have no need for an exterior refresh of the Model S, and fear they could mess up its current beauty. The interior, however, is in dire need. My friends compare it to driving an iPad. As an expensive of a car as it is, it has an overall plastic-like feel. Nothing about the inside speaks luxury to me. This hasn't stopped me from getting one, as I am on my 3rd Model S, and will get a 4th when my lease is up.

What it comes down for me is charging, and the charging network. If I can't easily travel, then I'm out.
Agree. The S is still as good of looking production car as any.
I’d like some updates like better LED lights, losing the chrome bar on the hatch that looks like a 2000’s Ford etc. But overall it’s still stunning.

The inside is barely better than the 3/Y. Compared to its contemporaries of 2012, it’s very good, compared to what’s coming out now, it needs a refresh.

1) Model S is better-looking; Lucid Air looks like...like something Buick designed. Just to be clear that is "will never buy"-bad
2) Specs are just specs (and are likely inflated for the Air). That said, my 2017 Model S P100D doesn't even make it to 300-mile range. The Air is not meaningfully more advanced than Model S.
3) The Air is just a Model S clone. Lucid is Tesla lite.

I will not buy any Lucid vehicles because of bad styling, suspicious specs, and just having no reason to not continue to drive a Tesla.

So, no deposit.

Basically all of this. Lucid interior looks great, put something like that in a Model S body and you can call it a day as far as I'm concerned.

But the exterior is a complete yawn-fest. The incremental straight line performance improvement isn't worth the eye-watering $170k price. I'll take the shorter range car that can use the Supercharger network over the longer range one that can't every time.

I don't like the styling. It looks like a bar of soap, and the two-tone roof just looks weird to me. I don't know why they went with gold on all of their promotional materials. I don't believe I've ever seen a gold car that wouldn't look better in most any other color.

The engineering is terrific though. Glad to see another company push the envelope on range and power. It will be interesting to see if Tesla is able to shrink or eliminate the gap in the next year or two. It is still an incredible premium over even a MS performance though.

Reactions: waiting4used
I won't be putting a deposit, but I like the car.
Except the trunk. Why can't a sedan have a proper trunk opening anymore? I suppose it's all aero-dictated that the trunk lid can't be more than a foot long.

Yeah, when I saw the video of the trunk opening I knew I could never be happy with the lack of usability there. The S is GREAT in that department. Love the Lucid frunk though. Not a fan of the sharp pointy hood pieces though.