Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

With so many quality issues after delivery - how many people are actually happy with their car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the people happy with their Model Y are not bothering with this forum because they're all doing this:
giphy.gif

I took delivery yesterday of a Red/Black LR AWD. My first Tesla, had never even seen any Model Y before taking delivery. Fantastic car - I am very impressed coming out of a Lexus RX350, which I also really liked. My issues included the rear seat alignment, charge port alignment, tail lights very slightly misaligned, and two small paint issues. I am confident that these issues will be addressed. Overall, I am very happy with the car.

• Informative
Reactions: mikevbf and oneness
I took delivery yesterday of a Red/Black LR AWD. My first Tesla, had never even seen any Model Y before taking delivery. Fantastic car - I am very impressed coming out of a Lexus RX350, which I also really liked. My issues included the rear seat alignment, charge port alignment, tail lights very slightly misaligned, and two small paint issues. I am confident that these issues will be addressed. Overall, I am very happy with the car.
I think the rear seat, tail light, and charge port alignments must be the same for most everyone so hopefully they'll have some sort of service bulletin out to address them. I have an appt. this Friday to install Homelink and address those same issues so I'm hoping there are quick fixes. I'll post results here.

How is your range with the 20in inductions?
Too early to tell! Haven't taken a trip yet but will be checking for sure. I put around 11000 on my M3 averaging 257 so very close to spec, hoping my MY is close too. I find although I've always liked to go fast I kind of take it as a challenge to get decent range so that tempers my driving a bit and helps keep the ticket count down... :)

We have some fitment issues with the hood and rear hatch and driver side door is loose but I'm happy with the car. These should be super easy to fix. There might be an intermittent issue with a seat . . . I'm more annoyed with the service scheduling process than anything. Could they do better, no doubt. I'm imagining the trade-offs being made (how much time is spent preparing a car) versus getting more delivered. Can the service center handle the load? What's the goodwill/reputation costs, etc.? I suspect this doesn't always get translated perfectly by/to the humans trying to implement them.

We drove the car down to Santa Barbara and back. We have 830 miles logged in about two weeks of ownership.

Perfect? Not yet. Happy? Yeah!

• Informative
Reactions: mikevbf
Apart from two tiny issues since sorted by the local SC, my car is as near perfect as I could expect. Panel gaps evenly spaced everywhere, paint quality excellent, glass roof panels correctly aligned, no noticeable wind noise & road noise is at acceptable levels (almost nothing below 60mph & at any speed drowned by the premium sound system anyway).

I suppose I should be classed as part of the silent majority... but I'm not, this car is truly exceptional.
The quietness is one of my favorite surprises! My M3 was great but always kind of noisy - I installed extra door seals which helped a little but still. My MY? Super quiet with not even a rattle!

As promised I'm posting my experience here. Took delivery today in Carlsbad. Service was excellent. I'm not a car guy and don't notice things other do, but seeing people's experience here I was more sensitive to it. Two issues I noticed: front bumper had orange-ish marks and the rear black trim has a couple scuff marks. All have been documented. They worked on buffing out the front bumper after microfiber didn't work and determined it was under the clear coat. I'll be getting a new front bumper in a few weeks. All very easy to handle and exactly the sort of service I would expect buying a car this price that has some blemishes.

As far as the good parts, other than front bumper, paint is in great shape. No orange peel, around the door edges it's nice and clean. Panel gaps all look very even. No rubbing of doors against trim. Rear seats are aligned and work as they should. The car even came with 85% charge which was nice given that a family member who just took delivery of a nearly empty Model 3.

For me personally, coming from an ICE vehicle with extremely limited EV driving experience, I'm not fully used to regenerative braking. The acceleration off the line is impressive and a ton of fun - even non PUP. Over the 40 mile drive home our consumption was 298kwh/mile, most of this was freeway driving 65-75 and me enjoying the extra get-up. A second drive around the neighborhood with some hills and 55 zones was around 250 kwh/mi.

Overall we love the car even with blemishes. We'll get those fixed. My wife had sticker shock when we financed it but that disappeared as soon as she got to drive it.

• Informative
Reactions: mikevbf
Took delivery 10 days ago and there were very minor issues (one paint chip, one blob, maybe some dirt on interior). Took a while to polish it, PPF, ceramic coat (interior and exterior), and other treatments but I've been loving every minute. It's my 4th Tesla after 2 Model S, and a 3. This is my favorite.

Attachments

• IMG_3007.jpeg
    IMG_3007.jpeg
    656.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3011.jpeg
    IMG_3011.jpeg
    853.2 KB · Views: 92
Perhaps it's time to consider return or cancel standing orders, here are a few reasons I can think of:
+ Build quality is sh....t, and worse, they'll make you pay for fixing it,
+ Gas price is still going down, toward negative territory,
+ charging cost is going sky high, $0.32/KW, and time limit.
+ Supercharger congestion is getting worse, the lines are getting longer.
+ Maintenance and service cost is sky-high (how long do the tires last?)

Someone did the math, around ~2500 MYs made per week. You see posts maybe from 10 people a week about their experience, and even not all of those are negative.
good point, but hmmmm, that math only works if all the people who bought a car are on the forum an post their bad experiences :D
Even so, if the poo poo ratings are 10 times more than what is posted, it is still a relatively small number. Generally I agree that the majority of owners are happy. I am one of them. Folks seem to focus on the negatives as being the trend, which is not the case.

Reactions: rxlawdude
So just because I will be owning my 4th Tesla, I'm not allowed to raise quality concerns about my purchase. Give me a brake. Is it a rite of passage that every Tesla owner needs to join TMC?
Sure I want to hear about your quality concerns. Do you need a brake for your car or a break for your statement :D Maybe you used Siri. She never understands me either. :)

As promised I'm posting my experience here. Took delivery today in Carlsbad. Service was excellent. I'm not a car guy and don't notice things other do, but seeing people's experience here I was more sensitive to it. Two issues I noticed: front bumper had orange-ish marks and the rear black trim has a couple scuff marks. All have been documented. They worked on buffing out the front bumper after microfiber didn't work and determined it was under the clear coat. I'll be getting a new front bumper in a few weeks. All very easy to handle and exactly the sort of service I would expect buying a car this price that has some blemishes.

As far as the good parts, other than front bumper, paint is in great shape. No orange peel, around the door edges it's nice and clean. Panel gaps all look very even. No rubbing of doors against trim. Rear seats are aligned and work as they should. The car even came with 85% charge which was nice given that a family member who just took delivery of a nearly empty Model 3.

For me personally, coming from an ICE vehicle with extremely limited EV driving experience, I'm not fully used to regenerative braking. The acceleration off the line is impressive and a ton of fun - even non PUP. Over the 40 mile drive home our consumption was 298kwh/mile, most of this was freeway driving 65-75 and me enjoying the extra get-up. A second drive around the neighborhood with some hills and 55 zones was around 250 kwh/mi.

Overall we love the car even with blemishes. We'll get those fixed. My wife had sticker shock when we financed it but that disappeared as soon as she got to drive it.

Forgot to add, we had to dodge some debris on the freeway coming home. The handling is impressive and low center of gravity really shines.

Reactions: sherlockw
Mind boggling delivery checklist, QC issues or not, people will continue to support and buy Teslas. Mark my word...

Had it been another manufacturer with such issues, interested buyers would have already dropped like flies. I highly doubt anyone here on this forum will change their mind on a Tesla regardless of delivery issues.

Yes the brand is that powerful and its futuristic nature is captivating to many..

Reactions: jimmym1981
Perhaps it's time to consider return or cancel standing orders, here are a few fantasies ungrounded in reality I can think of:

Fixed that for you.

Perhaps it's time to consider return or cancel standing orders, here are a few reasons I can think of:

Perhaps it's time to determine if you are a short seller and/or work for the petrochemical industry.