Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

With tesla closing stores, where would you pickup the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand, but the press release, says they are closing the stores, meaning all you will have is galería stores, like in a mall. And a service center, so the sales team will operate off a service center? And I don’t want someone driving my new car to my house, besides, if weather is bad, like snow, rain, at night, poor lighting, how can you tell if your car is damaged.

Yeah, that would be my guess. Delivery team operates from service centers. Mobile team needs a home base too, so I don’t see service centers going away.

Build quality has gotten better. My last few referrals all had home delivery without issue. They give you 72 hours to identify and document defects.

When I got my X in 2016 my delivery center was 760 miles . Delivered at home.
20160713_103824.jpg
20161231_125912.png

They've never really delivered from stores, that what delivery centers are for. Stores are often malls.

Some standalone stores have also been delivery centers as well as service centers.

Take a look at the supercharger map and turn on stores, delivery, and service centers at the bottom

Reactions: Magnets!
With most store closing, where would you pickup the car?

Due to cronyism we don't have stores in Texas, had to order online and pay in full before it could be shipped here. For the Houston area the deliveries are done at the service center on the north side of town - though that includes way more than just the Houston metro, I meet people from New Orleans picking up their car.

Due to cronyism we don't have stores in Texas, had to order online and pay in full before it could be shipped here. For the Houston area the deliveries are done at the service center on the north side of town - though that includes way more than just the Houston metro, I meet people from New Orleans picking up their car.
Correct. And they will drive it to your house if you want and it’s not too far. They did that for me, and the odo still only had 50 miles on it.

People in Michigan want to know when they can get their cars serviced in Michigan.

As for delivery, I’m all for it.

I have had absolutely no problem getting service in Michigan. Rangers are one of the reasons I love the Tesla experience. Professional on time. Service occurs in my garage.

Reactions: mongo

Just a bit of info, everyone has to order online even if they're in a "store" because Tesla doesn't sell cars in their stores. It's always been a weird thing. And anybody taking home delivery needs to pay in full before they'll put the car on a truck. Basically you need to own the vehicle before the shipping company will take it from Tesla.

Consider making a road trip to collect your chariot at the factory. Well, at the factory-adjacent delivery center these days.

If a Model S/X, do schedule in advance a complimentary factory tour.

The drive north or south along the coast, as one’s itinerary may or may not require, will be a bonus.

Naturally the political stooges, who had an opportunity to make the factory pickup process far easier, didn’t, but it’s still a nice road trip.

Takes a little planning, but these cars are built for the road.

Reactions: outdoors
They've never really delivered from stores, that what delivery centers are for. Stores are often malls.

Some standalone stores have also been delivery centers as well as service centers.

Take a look at the supercharger map and turn on stores, delivery, and service centers at the bottom

Not totally true. Our Model S in 2017 was delivered across the Bay from the Factory to the Palo Alto store/SvC and we had delivery there. Our Model 3 was delivery pick up at the Fremont Delivery Center near the Factory in 2018.

From what I understand today they have told some employees not to come in, still get a paycheck, but that their location is closed as of today and how they should handle customers with scheduled test drives and appointments. From Electrek: https://electrek.co/2019/03/03/tesla-closing-stores/ . I am wondering if they will close their gallery stores here in the Bay area (Stanford Shopping Center and Santa Row for example). They are near stores with attached service centers and I imagine the lease in these shopping malls is high.

Consider making a road trip to collect your chariot at the factory. Well, at the factory-adjacent delivery center these days.

If a Model S/X, do schedule in advance a complimentary factory tour.

The drive north or south along the coast, as one’s itinerary may or may not require, will be a bonus.

Naturally the political stooges, who had an opportunity to make the factory pickup process far easier, didn’t, but it’s still a nice road trip.

Takes a little planning, but these cars are built for the road.

Wonder if CA would become a reciprocal state for sales tax. Could continue to drive tourism in light of recent news with 100% online. Very unfriendly currently.

My drive back across country was the best.

Wonder if CA would become a reciprocal state for sales tax. Could continue to drive tourism in light of recent news with 100% online. Very unfriendly currently.

My drive back across country was the best.

We used home delivery and it went well. We had originally planned on a Freemont delivery followed by a leisurely, months long California to Maine return trip home (we are retired). It would have been a memorable trip, but we decided against it for two reasons. First, Maine sales tax is far lower than California’s, plus I wanted my sales tax dollars to benefit my rural state rather than have them go into California’s coffers. Second, Freemont deliveries at that time were often delayed, sometimes for weeks. I had visions of spending days trapped in my nephew’s cramped Mountain View apartment waiting for the car to be delivered. He’s a nice kid, but I was taught that after three days, visitors and fish start to stink.