Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

With the Model 3, will Tesla’s cult-like following stay that way? Article mentions this club!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cult-like, huh ?....

If this is a cult, I joined it when I was six, and I got my first slot car set for Christmas. You can't blame Elon. He was only like, two years old. And lived about 10,000 miles away.

It's a phenomena that is difficult for the media to explain.

The fervor with which many of us defend Tesla and Elon can be rationally described as "cult"-like.

I am quick to defend EVs and especially Tesla because it is the best example of the closest thing to what we strive for personal transport and for the industry to follow it. But I also expect Tesla to hold its end too.

I take no offense to the "cult-like" term, until I can find a better one to use. Then again, I'm the guy she quotes directly as

“Why Tesla? Well, first of all, Elon Musk,” Dennis Pasquale[sic], one of three organizers of the Orange County Tesla Owners’ Club, told Re/code. “He’s fascinating. His personality is enthralling. He’s not a great speaker, but when he speaks he’s uncensored, you don’t get that level of frankness from other CEOs of companies.”

You guys got a mention!

With the Model 3, will Tesla’s cult-like following stay that way?

"The Facebook group is certainly not the only group Tesla owners have created that is completely devoted to their vehicles — there are at least dozens of forums, websites and clubs dedicated to owning Teslas. The earliest created, and largest, is the Tesla Motors Club, which also serves as a central forum for a number of other local Tesla groups."

This is not a cult This is a full blown religion

AEdennis: Correct. I liken it to how I felt after years of people telling me how much they loved 'New Edition' a boy band full of guys couldn't sing worth crap, then discovering an a capella group called 'Take 6'. After so many years of traditional automobile manufacturers trotting out weirdmobile EV concept cars and telling us all that their 32-mile range 5,000 lbs two-seaters that took three weeks to recharge were 'The FUTURE!' of transportation, and feeling that something was wrong... Then seeing that the Tesla Model S was STUNNINGLY beautiful, well thought out, a REAL CAR, with tremendous convenience and utility, paired with a SUPERCHARGER network, and NOT entrenched in old school Victorian Era throwback horse drawn carriage 'luxury' that makes me gag... It was simply so refreshing to find that Elon Musk was actually a sincere individual who knew what he was talking about and could get people to listen, even if they were pessimistic. His message is the one I have felt in my soul since I was that six-year-old kid on Christmas day, wondering why full-sized cars weren't electric already.

Reactions: plankeye
It was simply so refreshing to find that Elon Musk was actually a sincere individual who knew what he was talking about
That about sums things up for me too: a low key, modest science guy with a vision who builds amazing stuff.

I hope he stays with Tesla long enough to see them on a sound footing, and then enthralls us with his next adventure.

Reactions: Luke42 and Red Sage