Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

With touchscreen freezing, why would I buy FSD

TEAMHUNDO

Apr 30, 2021
WA
I dropped my car off at the service center on April 2nd to fix a bunch of quality issues with my car.
I was suppose to pick the car up tomorrow but shot them a message about the screen flickering issue.

Looks like they are indeed now ordering the "E" version of the cable.

I'm expecting to get my car back probably sometime in 2022. :D
I have been having flickering problems since I drove the car off the lot. I scheduled my appointment, only to have it moved twice, because of what seems to be, a global scarcity of the "E" cable. 1 month into my service request....still waiting. Tesla service is currently the worst I've experienced for a car, of any value. I dare say it's shameful.

oatman

Mar 12, 2021
Cupertino, CA
I have been having flickering problems since I drove the car off the lot. I scheduled my appointment, only to have it moved twice, because of what seems to be, a global scarcity of the "E" cable. 1 month into my service request....still waiting. Tesla service is currently the worst I've experienced for a car, of any value. I dare say it's shameful.
I feel fortunate that I live within distance of Fremont, they were able to get the cable and install it the same day.
I intentionally drove to the Fremont service center though.

naszero

Sep 26, 2020
Southern California
I feel fortunate that I live within distance of Fremont, they were able to get the cable and install it the same day.
That is convenient. It took them 6 days to order and receive the cable for my replacement. I think my total repair was 9 days.

cris97

Jan 26, 2021
california
I made an appointment at Fremont service center. Still had to wait 2 weeks for shipment lol.

oatman

Mar 12, 2021
Cupertino, CA
I made an appointment at Fremont service center. Still had to wait 2 weeks for shipment lol.
Technically I was serviced at the Fremont Delivery Hub which I was told is a "hidden" service center that is only available for customers with issues in their first 100 miles.

It use to be a Delivery Hub, but its now been turned into a service center for new issues.

47623 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538

Reactions: cris97

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC