Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WITHOUR RADAR SYSTEM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting daily about your frustration with the speed (or lack thereof) your car is not getting updates, will not make them come any faster. In another thread you created, I gave you a link where you can check a representative of the fleet yourself. It wont speed up anything, but will help you see what a representation of others are getting.

Here are a couple of these websites again

You can check trends at one of these websites, but (again) none of that will make your car update faster.

Posting daily about your frustration with the speed (or lack thereof) your car is not getting updates, will not make them come any faster. In another thread you created, I gave you a link where you can check a representative of the fleet yourself. It wont speed up anything, but will help you see what a representation of others are getting.

You can check trends at one of these websites, but (again) none of that will make your car update faster.
Yeah, I don't get why suddenly being on a specific version is such a big deal now. "I'm not on the new version, waaa, waaa". It's like if you bought an ICE car and you go back to the dealer every week and say "I need you to flash my car to the newest version of whatever you have for my car". They would either look at you and laugh or say "ok, that would be $300 please".

Reactions: queenamydala
Complaning about people complaining doesn’t help either. If you don’t care about being in the latest software, move on to the things you care about. Nobody is telling you what to care about and what not, much less making fun of you for either preference. We can keep this constructive.
Some of us bought Tesla in part because of the promise of software updates. It’s one of their key differentiation attributes.
There seems to be something atypical going on with Radar-less cars, which are far behind their radar equipped equivalent. While Vision-only is a promise, its very odd that they haven’t put any Vision-only cars on the latest software versions. You can verify this by looking at TeslaFi and the VIN numbers of cars in the US (only market without radar). I don’t know where Model 3s started without radar, but for the Y Long Range, it starts at about 190XXX. As you can see, there are no cars updated above 183XXX (MYLR).
I’ve been using this method to adjust my expectations for an update.
Basically, Vision-only MY in the US are stuck on 2021.4.21.3 (or lower). We can’t get any of the 2021.12.* or 2021.24.* yet, despite some of these branches being out for more than a month.
Software rollouts have a large degree of randomness, that’s how it works when you’re trying to detect issues, etc. but this is not random.
It’s not like these branches are for Model S or X, no, they are for the Model Y as well, so one can’t help but feel a bit left behind.
Tesla was probably forced to release vision-only before it was ready, due to the chip shortages, and now those of us that have vision-only cars have to wait much longer than other people that paid the same for their cars to get up to parity.
Lets not deny that Tesla‘s software is one of the coolest things about the car. It’s understandable that people want to be at par with the rest.
I hope Tesla figures out a way to release software to vision-only cars at the same rate than the majority (current) of their fleet. Because waaa waaa, I want my car wash mode!

• Funny
Reactions: helvio
Yeah, I don't get why suddenly being on a specific version is such a big deal now. "I'm not on the new version, waaa, waaa". It's like if you bought an ICE car and you go back to the dealer every week and say "I need you to flash my car to the newest version of whatever you have for my car". They would either look at you and laugh or say "ok, that would be $300 please".
Yes ,this is not a big deal , just don't get the point that vision-only cars are their latest change for new cars but was left several versions behind . Shouldn't vision cars have quicker updates than other cars ???

Thanks for the website info. I am just dont get the point that cars with the latest technology dont have the same level update release speed .

Yes ,this is not a big deal , just don't get the point that vision-only cars are their latest change for new cars but was left several versions behind . Shouldn't vision cars have quicker updates than other cars ???
dude - people keep telling you this over and over...

Sometime updates seems to be targeted at older cars - some newer cars, some just certain models (like those with radar and those without), some ALL cars. But mostly, even when they roll out software to every car in the fleet, they do it in batches and it takes at least a couple of weeks to get to everyone. Only Tesla knows the order they choose, and it's different every time. YOU WILL GET THE UPDATE.

Once you've had it for a while, you will see that sometimes you get the updates before most people, sometimes after most people, most times you get it in the "big push" week like the majority of people.

But holy crap dude. You're going to get an aneurysm if you don't learn to deal with this because it is the way it is.

Reactions: Gasaraki
It seems Beta development has slowed the rate of all updates for non-beta users.
It would not be so bad if the beta program was occasionally spinning off something for us less privileged owners but we stopped getting frequent updates in late 2020 - it has taken some of the fun away - I still love my car though.

Complaning about people complaining doesn’t help either. If you don’t care about being in the latest software, move on to the things you care about.

This is true, to a point. Its a bit different, however, when the OP posts the same question, repeatedly, creating multiple threads on the exact same question that has already been answered.

its normal for people to ask this question once, but to repeatedly ask, creating new posts for it is something else again. There are actually more than I am linking here. This is why I ( twice actually) linked the OP of this thread to a tesla firmware website so they can look themselves, vs continuing to ask the same question over and over here.

Anyone receive the new system
When is it going to be available in Canada ?

Anyone receive the new system
When is it going to be available in Canada ?

REally
WHY SO SLOW
I SEE OWNERS IN CHINA ALREADY UPDATE...

Recently see many owners begin to receive updates .. .
even someone got 2024.xx

I am wondering anyone is stuck in 2021.4.18.10 as me ?
In Canada
Anyone has similar situation ?
Model 3 SR+ No radar.

same version ,... . not update everyday confused . so many other cars already receive update

Just updated to 2021.4.21.3 from 2021 4 18 10
I see lots of people have updated to 12.5.7
Do 2021.4.21.3 transit to 12.5.7 soon ?

You are so lucky .
Just got 2021.4.21.3
way too behind . maybe still behind the most of owners running a 12.25.7

DRIVING MODEL 3 NO RADAR
IN 2021.4.21.3
will I get 12.25.7 ?
Is the trend like this