Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

without a Tesla ... what to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

thegruf

Mar 24, 2015
indeterminate
all down to Tesla recent manic pricing moves

sold mine and looking to replace but ...

buying a new MS is a concern just now as there are a number of key updates to Model S imminent particularly the interior refresh, although with a factory order you would get the new suspension and other minor improvements.

looked at the Model 3 - actually very nice but didnt like the comparative lack of side support on the seats and lack of hatchback means compromised flexibility.

buying used MS - prices seem mad at the moment given the revised prices for new and have to come down by probably 20% for 90K cars tapering to 5K less for 60K cars, in other words significant depreciation to come on used cars, avoiding which would be the main reason for me to buy used.

what to do?

buying a new MS is a concern just now as there are a number of key updates to Model S imminent particularly the interior refresh, although with a factory order you would get the new suspension and other minor improvements.

I'm at that point to. I am expecting refresh (probably a roller-coaster of multiple refreshes, price changes, inducements .. :) ) later in the year including CCS charging and bigger battery; and some cabin changes which I may like, or not.

what to do?

iPace? Skip that if you need Rapid Charging often enough ... or put up with it until Ionity gets rolled out - seems OK across EU already, just treacle-rate in UK for some reason.

People speak very highly of its handling, 95% of my journeys are motorway, and I prefer "stop in half the distance you can see" rather than the "Chuck it round a blind bend and hope no tractor overtaking a bicycle" of my Youth

But I suspect you've considered all that already ... I'll be interested in how your thought process evolves.

all down to Tesla recent manic pricing moves

sold mine and looking to replace but ...

looked at the Model 3 - actually very nice but didnt like the comparative lack of side support on the seats and lack of hatchback means compromised flexibility.

buying used MS - prices seem mad at the moment given the revised prices for new and have to come down by probably 20% for 90K cars tapering to 5K less for 60K cars, in other words significant depreciation to come on used cars, avoiding which would be the main reason for me to buy used.

what to do?
Buy British! Jaguars look great on flatbed trucks heading for repairs.

iPace - not for me, but looked at autotrader and there's 36 of them for sale already - not exactly confidence inspiring

One thing about Teslas I really like is that I hardly ever see them. I walk a lot and see Bimmers, Mercs, Porsches and Lexi all the time, even Bentleys. Jags are very common. The iPace is not a pretty car in my view either.

A Model X whispered past me today, the first Tesla I've seen in over a week.

probably wouldn't be applicable as I no longer have a ModelS

Had an Email just now - I expect everyone did, but I very, very, rarely get any [Tesla] marketing emails ... no idea why this time,.

Anyway it is clearly UK (from UK Communications) and specifically says "As an existing owner you will receive a free ludicrous mode upgrade, if you purchase a new model S / X performance car"

When I last looked at that [i.e. adding Ludicrous] it was nothing like the $20,000 sticker price that I read in the press ...

It ends with" Share your referral link" so just send me your Email address and then I'll do just that :p