Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Without home charger for 3 months in Downtown Toronto...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any tips for charging in Toronto for a few months when there's no home charger? I'm temporarily living in a condo in the St. Lawrence Market area... no sense in getting a charger installed at the condo parking (though they do offer it, it's just fairly pricy) ... beyond charging at the Tesla dealership, any other tips for charging downtown? I've got the apps (PlugShare & ChargePoint), but some of the charging stations get poor reviews, others are located in hotels where parking is typically guest only.

Would love some tips, cheers!

If you could keep plugged in at a regular 120V plug that would help a lot, especially if you aren't driving a ton. Scout around the parking garage to see if you can find a spot somewhere. I have used the L2 chargers in some of the big office complexes like Brookfield Place, FCP, etc and they could be a good option for you, charging is generally free but the parking can be expensive. Brookfield Place now has about 16 chargers on two different levels and is likely the closest location to you. You might want to use them on the weekends since the parking will be way cheaper. But it won't be easy if you want to charge near your home since parking is always at a premium downtown. You will probably end up having to go up to the SC at Lawrence fairly often.

If you could keep plugged in at a regular 120V plug that would help a lot, especially if you aren't driving a ton. Scout around the parking garage to see if you can find a spot somewhere. I have used the L2 chargers in some of the big office complexes like Brookfield Place, FCP, etc and they could be a good option for you, charging is generally free but the parking can be expensive. Brookfield Place now has about 16 chargers on two different levels and is likely the closest location to you. You might want to use them on the weekends since the parking will be way cheaper. But it won't be easy if you want to charge near your home since parking is always at a premium downtown. You will probably end up having to go up to the SC at Lawrence fairly often.

Awesome advice. Brookfield Place is near. Do you have a chademo charger as well for Toronto? The dealership suggested there wasn't much use for it in Toronto, but I do see a bunch of chargers.

No - the chademo adapters are for the new Level3 chargers that have recently started to open but you don't need them for Level 2 chargers - and I think the ones at Brookfield are Level 2. I would say that you wouldn't need on unless you are travelling places where there aren't many Superchargers but they do have L3s - like New Brunswick or parts of Quebec