TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WIW Blue 70D, low miles

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by matrix4123, Apr 21, 2016.

1. matrix4123

matrix4123 Member

2. Eugene Ash

Eugene Ash Member

this one is gone for 66k on e-bay. I valued it at 62 k.

3. matrix4123

matrix4123 Member

Nah the 66k didn't hit the reserve price and it didn't sell.

4. Eugene Ash

Eugene Ash Member

well, good luck to them then. a better equipped 70D with similar mileage sold for 65k in CA.

5. matrix4123

matrix4123 Member

You have a link to that I can send them?

6. twonius

twonius Member

This price seems a bit batty. This car doesn't seem particularly highly spec'd so buying new and claiming the tax credit is cheaper. Or is there something with MD sales tax I'm missing here?

My guess is they're fishing for a low information buyer.

7. matrix4123

matrix4123 Member

Yea my thoughts exactly, I am just looking for previously sold similar models I can send them in comparison. So far unwilling to move off their listed price, even after the eBay auction failed at 66k.

8. Eugene Ash

Eugene Ash Member

i was bidding on that, and was in contact. There seems to be nothing with the sales tax for an out of state buyer. I suspect the reserve price was around 67-68k (based on a bid retraction history). Yes, their asking price is unreasonable.

9. Boourns

Boourns Member

I am probably telling people what we have all figured out, but it seems the problem is these dealers have no idea what they have. At least these guys seem to know it's a 70D. I get the feeling from lots of these listings that the people selling don't even know there are multiple battery pack sizes.

10. Eugene Ash

Eugene Ash Member

True, my experience with dealer communications supports that. They'll keep hunting for uninformed, internetless people, while their noseconed one slowly looses value. Well, that's how people learn supply and demand curves : )

11. matrix4123

matrix4123 Member

Hehe, I tried to tell them their value will continue to drop, more so now with the refresh out and people want that style. They never even counter-offered, combined with a 4-5 day response time to email, I don't think they're very interested in selling it quickly.

12. Bishop

Bishop Member

I seem to run into that a lot when looking around for them.. they appear to be over priced vs simply calling the dealer .. not to mention that tesla factors in the tax credit ( which they already claimed) and when i don't run into that i run into INSANELY low trade in values...( in what world can you buy a 2014 porsche anything for 40k)
    i've just resolved wait it out somethings gotta break soon

13. twonius

twonius Member

The sales staff is having too much fun driving it themselves.

• Funny x 1
  14. twonius

twonius Member

Hey dealerships may not be able to make money on new Teslas, but by god they can mark up used ones!

Lets not forget it wasn't too long ago that depreciation was a nonexistent thing for the Model S. I think some people are now waking up to the fact that they're no longer waitlisted.

15. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

They took the tint off?

I called them the day it listed and offered $67,500 and was told their reserve is $73k. He said they've received lowball offers in the low 60's and would call me back if he eBay auction didn't pan out. I didn't bid on the auction and am awaiting their return call for $67,5.

Also the sales person I spoke to warned me that I can't drive the car home because the battery dies in less than 100 miles and they can only charge it at the Chevy dealer across the street... LOL

16. matrix4123

matrix4123 Member

I offered 66,5 and 68 a few times. Basically told to let them know when Iwas ready to pay their full asking price.

17. NoMoGasNeMo

NoMoGasNeMo Member

Here is proof dealers have no idea how to value a Tesla. This was a base 70 no dual motors no upgrades. 2k miles. Dealer paid $72k at a dealer only auction.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  18. twonius

twonius Member

• Like x 1
  19. Piney999

Piney999 Member

Dealers are barons when it comes to these cars. It is embarrassing how ignorant they are.

20. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

Don't forget - they're including a free oil change in that price. ;)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1