Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WIW (Whats it Worth) - 2013 S40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To flip the switch from 40 to 60 was $11k. I presume it still costs that much. So that car is worth $11k less than a similar 60. It's tough to tell what else it has -- tech package would be the biggest determining factor. But I think something like $36-$38 or so would be fair.

Looks like it has tech. If you want SuperCharger access count on around 12-13k on top of the price, that would unlock the extra capacity and give you supercharger. I saw a post somewhere where Tesla unlocked the extra capacity for around 8k if I remember right (thats what they said I can't prove or disprove) But thinking about it Tesla has already lost the money selling the S40 so any money they get for the unlock is better than none. but I agree that mid to high 30's would be fair, but honestly I haven't found an S40 that low and even when you explain it they still don't drop the price because they overpaid for it.

Looks like it has tech. If you want SuperCharger access count on around 12-13k on top of the price, that would unlock the extra capacity and give you supercharger. I saw a post somewhere where Tesla unlocked the extra capacity for around 8k if I remember right (thats what they said I can't prove or disprove) But thinking about it Tesla has already lost the money selling the S40 so any money they get for the unlock is better than none. but I agree that mid to high 30's would be fair, but honestly I haven't found an S40 that low and even when you explain it they still don't drop the price because they overpaid for it.

Someone on here just posted getting a CPO '13 S60 with pano roof, jump seats, tech package, and SC-enabled (and maybe 1-2 other options) for $44.9k. And that comes with a 4 year/50k Tesla warranty. Based off that CPO sale, seems it is prudent to just keep waiting till one comes across that meets my price point. :) Resale values can only keep going down, unless gas suddenly spikes to $4/gallon again.

Not incapable, limited. A packs at 90 kW I thought. (Older threads)

That's only true for the 85 kWh A packs, 60 kWh packs are faster charging than that.

The old limits were

Some can charge at 90 KW (85 KWh A battery pack, near 1.06C charge rate)
some can charge at 105 KW (60 KWh with older battery pack, 1.75C charge rate)
some can charge at 111 KW (60 KWh with newer battery pack, 1.85C charge rate)
some can charge at 120 KW (85 KWh B or D battery pack, near 1.41C charge rate)

So that 40 kWh pack will most certainly charge at 105KW once it is enabled (software unlocked to 60)

image.jpeg
Someone on here just posted getting a CPO '13 S60 with pano roof, jump seats, tech package, and SC-enabled (and maybe 1-2 other options) for $44.9k. And that comes with a 4 year/50k Tesla warranty. Based off that CPO sale, seems it is prudent to just keep waiting till one comes across that meets my price point. :) Resale values can only keep going down, unless gas suddenly spikes to $4/gallon again.
That was me. Doing things on the cheap- had a friend install a Nema 14-50 today and spent a grand total of $39.