Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Woes of having the 20" performance wheels (busted tires... constantly)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ahh yes, more fear mongering. The guys with 18s and 19s also bust their wheels too: Well this happened. Replacement suggestions? : Model3

The fact is, a 4k lb car hitting a pothole, no matter the size of the wheel/tire, is going to be a bad time. Just by reading your post, I suggest you be more careful when entering/exit parking lots and be more mindful of potholes. Theres a reason you see everybody except for truck drivers swerve to avoid them.

ahh yes, more fear mongering. The guys with 18s and 19s also bust their wheels too: Well this happened. Replacement suggestions? : Model3

The fact is, a 4k lb car hitting a pothole, no matter the size of the wheel/tire, is going to be a bad time. Just by reading your post, I suggest you be more careful when entering/exit parking lots and be more mindful of potholes. Theres a reason you see everybody except for truck drivers swerve to avoid them.
Are you suggesting that there's no correlation between sidewall height & susceptibility to road hazard damage?

Are you suggesting that there's no correlation between sidewall height & susceptibility to road hazard damage?
I didn't specifically mention sidewall height. I did, however, link to a 5 day old reddit thread where a model 3 owner busted his 18" aeros on a pothole, so if you'd like to discuss sidewalls I'd just refer you back to that link and re-state:

edit: a quick google search of "bmw m3 bent rim" yields pretty similar results to "tesla model 3 performance bent rim" and starts from the early 2000's and spans across dozens of message boards.

Last edited:
I didn't specifically mention sidewall height. I did, however, link to a 5 day old reddit thread where a model 3 owner busted his 18" aeros on a pothole, so if you'd like to discuss sidewalls I'd just refer you back to that link and re-state:

edit: a quick google search of "bmw m3 bent rim" yields pretty similar results to "tesla model 3 performance bent rim" and starts from the early 2000's and spans across dozens of message boards.
ok