Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WoF?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Opinions differ. Some claim that insurers wouldn't care unless the fault contributed to the incident, others that the insurers would look for an out regardless. Tesla also seem inclined to give the impression that you're free to drive during the 28 days. I can only assume they are doing this to relieve some pressure from the number of WoF failures, parts delays and inability to provide enough loaners.

It seems like Insurance will only care if the cause of the accident could be attributed to the parts that need replacing. However, I'm still open to fines from Police or parking wardens when the car is parked on the street..

Waiting on the SC to give me a call back so I can see if they will help out and provide a loaner

It seems like Insurance will only care if the cause of the accident could be attributed to the parts that need replacing. However, I'm still open to fines from Police or parking wardens when the car is parked on the street..

Waiting on the SC to give me a call back so I can see if they will help out and provide a loaner
Good luck. Sorry to hear that this is still going on, I got the impression that they were getting on top of it.

tbf, they had all the parts available for the issue everyone else been having with the suspension, but mine had a few extra issues on top of that which they needed to order parts for. I believe most are only having issues with the front, which mine had, but it also had issues with the rear as well which they didn't have in stock.

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron
tbf, they had all the parts available for the issue everyone else been having with the suspension, but mine had a few extra issues on top of that which they needed to order parts for. I believe most are only having issues with the front, which mine had, but it also had issues with the rear as well which they didn't have in stock.
Sure. If it was just you thought they would probably be able to provide a loaner and give you updates!

I have it back again as of this afternoon 😊 Basically has all new suspension components at this point, which they say should be longer lasting as they were replaced with updated versions.

Ultimately, it was a good experience by Tesla. While they made a mistake in suggesting that the car was still ok to drive after it had failed, they didn't argue when I pointed out that that advice was actually incorrect and they didn't push back with when I requested a loan vehicle.