Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WoF?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The whole lot took 4 hours 45 mins.

I got Uber credit and they are washing/vaccuming all cars they service now - seem to be stepping up the level of customer service they are offering.

I missed out on a wash though as mine was the last car to be done for the day. 😢
ok, reasonable time then.

so uber, no courtesy cars... good to know.
Cleaning car and detailing, dressing tyres... it's part of customer service for most service centre - so good they do that as well.... new to tesla and slowly finding my way around first-time outside Audi world in my life.

Reactions: CAM3RON
Free dealer car washes = Free paint swirls
Dealers, maybe... Authorised Service Centre, definitely not as there are standards and rules to match.
In general.... good cars don't have paint issues and dealers have real good equipment's (My all previous experience - Audi).
Cars with paint issues are better to be wrapped if ever want to wash it... they are build to be on road in elements - if cars started playing soft with paint on washing - they don't belong on road where they will be baked in sun, hit with stone chips and everything in nature, kissed by bugs (acidic), and heavy washed by nature - lol

Update

Yep 12 volt battery replaced free.

WOF would have failed if they didn’t fix suspension issue. Under warranty so free.

Now with that suspension and a wheel alignment done it drives smooth again.

All together the labour, WOF, and wheel alignment ended up costing $397
Looks like suspension issues aren't just you. Ours just failed WoF on cracked front suspension bushes. Parts on order... hopefully that's not too long and tedious.

Looks like suspension issues aren't just you. Ours just failed WoF on cracked front suspension bushes. Parts on order... hopefully that's not too long and tedious.
Geez that's a shocker. Maybe someone should make a post on the Facebook group - I'm not on there but getting the message out to 2019 build owners might be good idea. Did you get the WOF done at Tesla?

Geez that's a shocker. Maybe someone should make a post on the Facebook group - I'm not on there but getting the message out to 2019 build owners might be good idea. Did you get the WOF done at Tesla?
Yes WOF at Tesla. Just as well that I did, given the issues. I was a bit worried that it was going to be a widespread issue and parts in short supply, but I couldn't find any evidence of that by searching. So maybe our cars are just part of a build sequence with this issue. Was yours also lateral link and compliance arm bushes? At least the alignment will end up being free.

Sadly the service centre communications still leave something to be desired. No word today on parts ETA, will have to follow up next week I guess. And they just rather blithely said that you can drive in the 28 day grace period after failed WOF, which is somewhere between outright untrue and a generous interpretation of the rules. Fortunately we can get by using the other car for a while, but I certainly hope it doesn't drag on.

FWIW, I just had the 2-year inspection on my car done today.

- tyre rotations
- brake system flush and replace
- wiper blades replaced
- general inspection

On pickup they told me they also replaced the rear tail light due to condensation build up. This was a warranty job.

Still no word on rear harness replacements.

I had both left and right upper control arms replaced previously.

Does anyone know how far in advance you can get a new WOF? I will likely get to 80k kms before 3 years is up.

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron and Miggy
Yes WOF at Tesla. Just as well that I did, given the issues. I was a bit worried that it was going to be a widespread issue and parts in short supply, but I couldn't find any evidence of that by searching. So maybe our cars are just part of a build sequence with this issue. Was yours also lateral link and compliance arm bushes? At least the alignment will end up being free.

Sadly the service centre communications still leave something to be desired. No word today on parts ETA, will have to follow up next week I guess. And they just rather blithely said that you can drive in the 28 day grace period after failed WOF, which is somewhere between outright untrue and a generous interpretation of the rules. Fortunately we can get by using the other car for a while, but I certainly hope it doesn't drag on.
That's like doctor saying, you can live without your toe without any issues till surgery month away... yes probably we can, but it could be hazard at any/every second until.
All the best with fixing... hopefully everything works out in your favour and secure way.

FWIW, I just had the 2-year inspection on my car done today.

- tyre rotations
- brake system flush and replace
- wiper blades replaced
- general inspection

On pickup they told me they also replaced the rear tail light due to condensation build up. This was a warranty job.

Still no word on rear harness replacements.

I had both left and right upper control arms replaced previously.

Does anyone know how far in advance you can get a new WOF? I will likely get to 80k kms before 3 years is up.
no actual limit, but limit on how long it could last...

1660327855939.png

so whenever WOF inspection done before 3 years over, you get 12 months. means if done 4 months in advance, you have 4 overlapping months as only new 12 month will be active.

That's like doctor saying, you can live without your toe without any issues till surgery month away... yes probably we can, but it could be hazard at any/every second until.
All the best with fixing... hopefully everything works out in your favour and secure way.
I mean... is it safe to drive? Probably. I hadn't noticed any issues and was driving around happily before. But is it legal to drive? Don't think so.

Reactions: Audietron