Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WoF?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I just had the 2-year inspection on my car done today.

- tyre rotations
- brake system flush and replace
- wiper blades replaced
- general inspection

On pickup they told me they also replaced the rear tail light due to condensation build up. This was a warranty job.

Still no word on rear harness replacements.

I had both left and right upper control arms replaced previously.

Does anyone know how far in advance you can get a new WOF? I will likely get to 80k kms before 3 years is up.
how much was the 2 year inspection
As far as I'm aware you can get a WOF anytime you like

I'm starting to wonder if there is any plan to replace the rear wiring harness on the effected cars...lol
That recall notice was issued on December 21, 2021
Every time I ask service about it, same old story parts aren't here yet, you'll be notified when they are

In the app, in service I can see a notice about rear harness recall
Check vehicle status
You do not need to request an appointment at this time.
You will receive a notification in your Tesla app when parts are available
Learn more button - 404 been like this ever since the notice appeared in the app

• Funny
Reactions: m3lol and Audietron
how much was the 2 year inspection
As far as I'm aware you can get a WOF anytime you like

I'm starting to wonder if there is any plan to replace the rear wiring harness on the effected cars...lol
That recall notice was issued on December 21, 2021
Every time I ask service about it, same old story parts aren't here yet, you'll be notified when they are

In the app, in service I can see a notice about rear harness recall
Check vehicle status
You do not need to request an appointment at this time.
You will receive a notification in your Tesla app when parts are available
Learn more button - 404 been like this ever since the notice appeared in the app
I'm pretty sure the Christchurch SC did mine last week when I took it in for a few issues (3 phase charging issue, thumping while supercharging and a stone in the brakes), or at least they informed me they intended on doing it (I hadn't requested it). They did end up running late with the job though so they may have postponed it.

Was this the upper control arms?

If it's a 2019 then this is a common issue in that year. Mine were creaking a couple months back at around 56k km and they were both replaced under warranty.
Lower compliance arms and lateral links. The sc rep did seem to expect the former but not the latter. Sr+ from the first batch in Aug 2019, about 30k km. They did do the harness, without my asking for it.

I had the opposite experience last week with Service. Two of my requests for the appointment required parts, one of which was a whole new onboard charger as the car would error when charging on 3 phase sources and would drop down from 11kW to 4kW. The other was new breathers for the battery pack so it would stop thumping while supercharging or changing altitudes.

They ordered the parts the week before when I made the appointment and they had arrived by the following week. Tesla now has a parts warehouse in Auckland so many parts don't have to be ordered in from overseas. Of course, if they depleat that stock faster than new stock can come in then delays will still happen.

I also got a loan car for the day :)

Reactions: Audietron
I had the opposite experience last week with Service. Two of my requests for the appointment required parts, one of which was a whole new onboard charger as the car would error when charging on 3 phase sources and would drop down from 11kW to 4kW. The other was new breathers for the battery pack so it would stop thumping while supercharging or changing altitudes.

They ordered the parts the week before when I made the appointment and they had arrived by the following week. Tesla now has a parts warehouse in Auckland so many parts don't have to be ordered in from overseas. Of course, if they depleat that stock faster than new stock can come in then delays will still happen.

I also got a loan car for the day :)
Well, I guess I'm glad it's not universal! Apparently the parts are on back order from China. Originally they said they were coming from Melbourne, which is why I was not expecting a month.

The experience rather grates because at first they just said the car was "good to go", and then implied that it was driveable with a failed WoF, and then it turns out the parts are going to be... a while in coming.