Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Won a set of Arachnid wheels! Will be selling...

...but what color should I order? What would you want if you were to buy a set?

• Silver

• Grey

• Black

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picture attached. Available in about 2 months...free pickup if you're in the NYC area, or shipping would be additional...

Attachments

• tesla wheels.jpg
    tesla wheels.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 162
If Tesla values them at $7,600, and the winner is in the 39.6 bracket, taxes will be over $3k. At $3,500 I think I would prefer to just keep them.

But they may value them lower, someone could be in a lower bracket or just really not want to use the rubber, etc.

If Tesla values them at $7,600, and the winner is in the 39.6 bracket, taxes will be over $3k. At $3,500 I think I would prefer to just keep them.

But they may value them lower, someone could be in a lower bracket or just really not want to use the rubber, etc.

Very good point that I should consider income taxes. I think it likely that I'll get a 1099 for $7600. But that is whether I sell them or keep them. I don't want to keep them because the ride on 19-inchers is already a bit firm for my tastes. And there is state income tax too. So if I can't sell them for at least the total income tax burden, I'd be better off telling Tesla "thanks but no thanks"...basically refusing the prize!

I would expect that they will sell for more than $6000. The price of a new set of Turbines from Tesla. How much more than $6000 is the question.

Hope you're right! Before being reserved for the referral contest, they were apparently offered on the shop.teslamotors.com site for $7600 with tires. But now they are scarcer. And maybe someone will like the idea of riding around on the same wheels as Elon Musk. So with luck I'll fetch some good coin.

It says tesla will ship them to your "preferred SC". Perhaps if you pre-sell them, you can have tesla send them to a SC near the buyer?

I think there was something in the contest fine print about the prizes being non-transferable. So my guess is that I will have to pick them up in person at my "preferred SC". I suppose if pre-sold them I could meet my buyer at his/her SC, if not too far from me.