TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wonder how delivery will go?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by dethman, Jun 27, 2018.

1. dethman

dethman Member

Appointment for delivery at costa mesa this morning 6/26. Order process has been frustrating so far. Difficulties in cancelling and refunding first order, delays of weeks in getting VIN and subsequent production on my current order. Switched to new inventory as a result. Poor communication from DS. No ACH payment update on website despite delivery 9 hrs away. No confirm from my DS despite texting and emailing him earlier today to confirm appt.

I presume they are delivering anywhere from 40 to 100 cars a day there as it's end of quarter , so any guesses on how this will end?

Will my car be there at all?
    Will everything be in delivery condition or will it need work? Or will it be so bad that delivery will have to be refused?
    Will they actually take time to go through the car and be friendly or will it be a rush job?
    Will they accept a check since there is no ACH on website as promised?

Guess we'll find out soon.

2. pensphreak

pensphreak Member

I recently had a poor experience with my 'pre-delivery' at Costa Mesa. But once the actual delivery happened, everything was great and the experience was good. It's just the communication leading up to it was very poor. I bet I could guess who your DS was too :)

3. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

I picked up at the Fremont delivery center. We brought a check.

Place was a madhouse. In a 2 hour window they were delivering 20 Model 3s, 2 model X, and 3 Model S ever couple of hours. They took you to your car, but you only had 3 or 4 minutes to look at it and take some pictures. Then you went into the back where they have lattes and tables where you go through the paperwork.

They had issues printing all of ours and we had to re-sign several of the documents we completed a week before. Took approximately 40 mins to get through signing. There were gaps of time where you could hope into a Model X or Model 3 they had sitting there and get a little training from a Tesla rep. This was the only training we received. Once all the paperwork was signed the person working with us disappeared, no doubt to handle the next wave of deliveries.

After the paper work was done they brought the car into the parking lot and we could inspect it. Someone had put a big L on the passenger front seat in what looked like blue pen ink. Also, a couple minor issues with window seals. They left us to our own as we went through the deliver checklist from this site. No other issue found. They took the car into the back to clean up the seats and brought it back around after that. Seat looked fine. Total time was 3 1/2 hours.

Overall it was probably the best delivery experience we have had. We lease a new car every 18 months or so, one for me, one for my wife on 3 year leases. So we have picked up a lot of cars.