Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wonder why 2021.4.21.3 is going out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Twiglett

Single pedal driver
Oct 3, 2014
Austin
Very strange, having seen almost no cars on 2021.4.21.3 there is suddenly a rush of 2021.4.18.11 cars going to the 4.21.3 release.
As I'm typing this I just got the upgrade notification from my car.
Guess I'll find out what it does soon then ;)

Multiple branches being active at the same time is not really that unusual, especially during periods of heavy backcoding like the one we've been in since early 2021. It looks like cars that got 2021.4.18.11 are the only ones receiving 2021.4.21.3, so a pattern is emerging. Last time around, there were two distinct active branches like this when the vision-only transition was happening - a bunch of us were kept on an earlier branch with newer NNs backcoded while most cars received a newer branch that did not have the newer NNs.

Just got it yesterday - 2019 M3 LR RWD HW 3.0 FSD. The driving visualization seemed much more detailed than the previous software version. Attempted lane predictions on unmarked roads, stationary vehicles being visualized more often, etc. Anyone else notice changes in the driving visualization?

Just got it yesterday - 2019 M3 LR RWD HW 3.0 FSD. The driving visualization seemed much more detailed than the previous software version. Attempted lane predictions on unmarked roads, stationary vehicles being visualized more often, etc. Anyone else notice changes in the driving visualization?
Drove with it today, didn’t seem out of the ordinary (had 4.18.11 before this). I did notice lane predictions on some unmarked roads start showing up on 4.18.x but haven’t noticed any additional differences in 4.21.3 yet